<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 21, 2005

Research and other stuff.... 

Been trying to decipher the pathologist report on my lymph node biopsy. Their official diagnosis, pending further tests in California, is "non-specific follicular and paracortical hyperplasia". Unfortunately, most searches on the internet are turning up very technical articles that I don't completely understand.

From what I can tell, the possibilities range from harmless to the potentially serious Castleman's Disease. So I may require no treatment at all or may need something as extensive as radiation, chemo and/or steroids. Now I can see why they wanted to look into this further.

Have started a food diary so when I see a nutritionist in a few weeks, they'll be able to tell me how I'm doing. I have no idea what I should or shouldn't be eating to treat diabetes. Most of the guides I've looked at suggest lots of salads and whole grains, neither of which I can tolerate, and say stay away from foods with a high glycemic index like rice and potatoes, both of which are staples of my diet because they are easy to digest.

I think maybe the Neurontin might be starting to help with the periodic limb movement disorder. I'm still twitching, but I think it's a little less than before? I'll give it some more time.

Went to the fibromyalgia support group meeting yesterday. Was going to mention to them that I'm now writing articles for But You Don't Look Sick, but the group facilitator beat me to the punch when she announced that she'd found this great story on the internet called the "Spoon Theory"! Great minds think alike, I guess.

I was seriously needing a break from cooking today, so Dan took me to Boston Market for lunch. That's a "home cooking" fast food place that has meals that are safe for me to eat. I had a quarter rotisserie chicken, garlic dill potatoes and steamed veggies.

Have been on a Stephen King kick lately. Started when I was looking for an old paperback to page through while waiting around at the hospital for my biopsy. Grabbed "Skeleton Crew", which I haven't read for several years. Finished it Thursday. Also, Dan and I watched the entire mini-series of "Kingdom Hospital" on DVD over several nights. I found it pretty entertaining, but wished it had ended a little differently.

Tonight, I watched a two-hour special on the first five years of "Saturday Night Live". Those were the best five years in my opinion. Love those old clips of Gilda Radner.....I sure miss her.

Bought some tunes last week with a gift card Dan gave me for Valentine's Day. Got Ozzy Osbourne's greatest hits and an CD by a band out of Kona, Hawaii called Pepper. Pepper has a song on the radio right now called "Ashes" that is pretty good. And of course I love Ozzy! "Crazy Train" is one of the best metal songs of all time! And this week I got to download "Save Me" by Unwritten Law on iTunes for free, which was pretty cool.

Guess maybe this week, I'll see about getting some of my Hawaii pictures into the frames I got for Christmas. And maybe tinker with my websites a bit? Stuff I've been meaning to do for months now.

But right now, the unbalanced checkbook is calling me.....

Pain level: 7
Fatigue level: 7

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?