<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, February 25, 2005

Update on Grandma.... 

Talked to my aunt again today....Grandma now has pneumonia. Even so, she was released from the hospital this afternoon. That sounds like a weird thing to do, but the reason is that they don't expect her to recover.

They didn't return her to the nursing home. Instead, she has been placed in a hospice facility. I think she'll get better care there.

Basically, the prognosis is that she may only have a few weeks left. With the pneumonia, she may have even less than that. I will probably go visit her tomorrow.

I have a lot of confidence in hospice programs as they took care of my mom at her home when she died. They were awesome, telling us what we might expect, keeping her comfy, etc. They had a chaplain available for the patient and for family members whenever they needed to talk.

I've been praying for the best possible outcome on this. Even if the best thing is that she leaves us.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?