<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 14, 2005

Well, duh..... 

Talked to a nurse from the facility where I had the biopsy done. She suggested that I may be sensitive to the adhesive in the steri-strips on my neck. I'm embarrassed to admit I didn't think of this myself.

I've had reactions to adhesives in Band-aids and standard medical tape and even had them use paper tape on my IV on Friday. But didn't even think that the steri-strips could be a problem, I guess because I've used them before with no itching. Things can always change though.

Anyway, the nurse said as long as I don't have any blisters or signs of severe irritation, I should be ok. Just no scratching of course. And if I really can't stand it, I can have the ENT remove them, although there aren't many other things I can tolerate that they could replace them with.

The pain is going down so that I haven't taken any meds for it today. But I'm still really sleepy and slow and not quite myself. And itchy, but at least now I know why.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?