<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Grandma passed on..... 

She has made her transition. She died at 7:30 this morning. Both of my aunts stayed all night at the hospice with her.

The hospice staff was fantastic. They waited patiently while family members came from various locations in the state....my cousin lives three hours away. In all, 15 of us.

I am ok. I am more relieved than anything else that she finally is not afraid anymore. She had such advanced Alzheimer's that for the past few years she never knew where she was.

And she finally got to go home. Those last couple of years, she thought she was a child and wanted to see her mom, who died almost 50 years ago. I am comforted with the thought that this has indeed happened.

I will probably help plan the memorial service, which will be Saturday if possible. I will likely speak at the service, just like I did for my mom's funeral.

I am very tired.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?