<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Wiped out but happy.... 

Did get to the Duran Duran concert last night. Took a nap in the afternoon so I wouldn't be too tired starting out. We got there an hour before the opening act, but there was no parking in the front at all, so we parked about a block away in the nearest available handicapped spot.

I spiked my hair for the occasion and wore my hot pink lipstick. One of the ladies taking tickets was talking about how mellow the crowd was, but she smiled when she saw my hair. I told her I wasn't mellow, but I wasn't trouble either.

We had to wait awhile to get seated, but at least we were waiting indoors where it was warm. We were 8 rows up from the floor but not quite across from the stage. Totally forgot to bring binoculars.

I don't know the name of the opening act, but Dan and I liked them. They did a really revved up version of "Talking in Your Sleep", originally done by The Romantics. I think it must be tough to be an opening act, with people still finding their seats and maybe not paying too much attention.

Then, around 8:45, the "mellow" crowd suddenly went NUTS when Duran Duran took the stage! They started with their new material, which Dan had heard but I had not. The younger people in the audience all knew it though.

Only bummer was that Andy Taylor had to fly back to England suddenly on Tuesday because his father was gravely ill. They had a guitarist replace him with only half a day of rehearsal! The guy did amazingly well considering.

There were video cameras in the arena, and a projection area above the band (I won't say a screen because I didn't see one), so everyone got to see the band members close up. Simon is still GORGEOUS!! He wore a three piece suit at the beginning of the show.

They played something off their very first album as well as several hits. The song that generated the biggest response early on was "Notorious". Everybody was dancing, including me!

The arena wasn't completely sold out, but it was fairly close, and nobody sat down even once during the whole time Duran Duran was onstage, which was TWO HOURS! I folded up my chair so I would have more room and tried my best to ignore the protests of my aching body. I also screamed myself quite hoarse.

Dan had a great time too. Duran Duran is his all time favorite band. He's definitely Mr. Eighties.

It was a challenge getting back to where we were parked because all my sore muscles and joints tightened up as soon as they hit that cold air outside. Dan had to practically fold me into the car. I was glad he was driving so I could relax.

Today, I am barely able to move.....every muscle and joint I possess is protesting noisily. And I'm so exhausted I've been almost dozing off while typing this. But it was worth it anyway.

I think a long hot bath is in order....

Pain level: 9
Fatigue level: 9

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?