<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Blizzard! 

Was supposed to go to a restaurant this afternoon to celebrate my dad's birthday, but we'll have to reschedule. There was a blizzard overnight! It's still snowing, and it's expected to continue until tomorrow morning.

The first I knew about it was when I got a call from church this morning telling me that all activities had been cancelled. I thought that was odd as it had never happened before in the seven years I've been a member. Then I took a peek outside, or tried to, anyway....couldn't see my own yard through the snow blowing at 40mph!

My poor pup couldn't get outside because the snow was higher than his dog door. I cleared a path, but after he went into the back yard, a drift toppled over and blocked the door again. I hope he doesn't stuck out there....that happened a few years ago.

I guess I should count myself lucky....my lights flickered a few times, but so far, I still have power. About 10,000 of my neighbors don't. I just have a house that smells like wet dog.

My biggest concern is whether my husband will be able to get back here tomorrow afternoon from South Dakota. All flights here were cancelled today, and there may be a big backlog tomorrow. Also, I don't know if I'll have trouble getting out of the driveway to go pick him up.....there's about 16 inches of snow on the ground, a small car and no strength to shovel.

Wish I could have some hot chockie. Guess I'll go heat up some gluten free waffles and put some blackberry fruit spread on them.

Pain level: 8
Fatigue level: 8

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?