<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Reviews and chit chat.... 

Yay! My May book review has been posted on But You Don't Look Sick. Here's the link:
Living Well with Autoimmune Disease: What Your Doctor Doesn't Tell You...That You Need to Know

Today after I had a blood draw to check my thyroid levels, I went to the book store and picked up Montel Williams' autobiography detailing his life with MS. I will probably review it next month if I get it read in time.

Had another setback within minutes after typing my last blog entry. Apparently sometimes even half an hour of yardwork is too much. I think I'd been reaching too far forward to avoid having to move the mat repeatedly (I was sitting). While I was still in my computer chair, I started getting wicked spasms in my back where some muscles attach to the ribs. By bedtime, my lower back joined the chorus. I got very little sleep that night, which didn't help matters. I'm not much better right now physically. But my mood is still better because I got the review done and have returned to gathering info for Social Security. I still don't know for sure if I'll be filing, but I want to be prepared in case I do.

Watched the finale of "Revelations" last night. What a letdown. The scientist gets his son back, so he's going back to his normal life, while the nun will keep looking for the Christ child and the Antichrist child. And the Satanic murderer may or may not be dead. This is the way the world ends: not with a bang, but a whimper.

Got a phone call from the rheumatologist's assistant today. They want me to stop my anti-inflammatory for a few days to see if my stomach feels better. I'm gonna wait until the weekend to do it because I'm going to an aquacise class tomorrow to make up for one that was cancelled a few weeks ago. I guess this will be one way to find out if the Lodine is even helping me.

Believe it or not, the weather is actually warm enough today to require the use of ceiling fans....83 degrees! Tomorrow, it is supposed to be a record 92! I have set the air conditioning to kick in if it reaches 84 in the house. I may tweak that if I find it too uncomfortably warm. Chip has already taken to laying on the hardwood floor to keep cool.

Speaking of Chip, his arthritis is getting worse. His activity level has gone way down, and he doesn't want to come when called because it hurts him to get up sometimes. We started him on a new anti-inflammatory today. If this doesn't help, the only options left are narcotic pain relievers and/or surgery to fix his hip dysplasia. Poor pup.

Awesome news to report about my eyes....this afternoon, they suddenly had NO feelings of dryness at all! I don't have to blink several times in order to see clearly, first time in several years. I believe the Restasis eye drops are starting to work. I will be starting to taper off the steroid drops in another week or so, and I hope I won't ever need them again. My eyes actually feel NORMAL right now! Yayyyyyyy!

I don't have anything in particular planned for the weekend, so I will probably try SMALL amounts of yardwork. I am trying to clear out the dead grass and leaves that have accumulated around the edges of the font yard. I probably should have acquired an edger while I had the money. I did get some weed killer I'm going to spray in the cracks of the driveway to keep that tidy. I want to maintain some "curb appeal" on the house in case we end up needing to sell. Once I get caught up on the Social Security stuff I will start decluttering closets, cabinets, shelves, etc. to make it easier to keep the inside tidy too.

That's all the news that's fit to print tonight.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?