<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Dental work and a freak accident.... 

Ok, this one is truly bizarre. My hands were alternating between numb and ok, and I was getting ready for bed. I went to use my anti-histamine nasal spray. It's bascially a glass bottle with a pump on one end and a nozzle that goes up your nose. You put your thumb on the bottom of the bottle and your index and middle fingers on the pump and press down to activate the spray. I was doing this, and I lost my grip on the bottle. My fingers slipped off the pump, but my fingernails snagged on it and bent backward. The force of my thumb pushing upward sent the nozzle of the bottle flying up my nose! It basically had the same effect of punching myself in the face: blood came gushing out my nose in a nasty torrent! Ewwwww! I was surprised I could bleed so much from such a small thing. And it hurt like a sonofabitch.

The bad part was that I had already taken my sleep medication, so I really needed to lay down, but my nose would not stop bleeding. I looked like I'd been in a horror movie. When it began to slow finally, I rolled up a Kleenex and put it up my nose hoping it could clot. Dan said it looked like a tampon. Ewwwww.

I got to sleep after about an hour (it took way longer than usual because I hurt so bad) and miraculously didn't bleed on my pillow. But when I woke up this morning, I had blood in my mouth and throat, and my queasy stomach told me I'd swallowed some in my sleep as well. Not a pleasant way to start the day.

My dental visit this afternoon was anticlimactic in comparison. I had my final crown placed with some trouble. The temporary had been put on so well that the lady couldn't get it off, and my tooth is STILL sore even with the root canal, so I was squirming in the chair. It was quite a relief when that temporary finally popped off. By then my jaw was complaining and my gums were bleeding. But I'm all done for now until August. If the tooth next to the one with the crown is still bothering me then, I'll be getting ANOTHER root canal. But I'm not gonna think about that for awhile. The appointment wore me out so much that when I got home, I had to take a 2 and a half hour nap before I even had the energy to watch TV.

Did watch the pilot of "Lost" tonight and was suprised how good it was. I will make a point of watching as much of the series as I can. Before that, I watched the Eagles concert, which was awesome. They were performing in Australia. Joe Walsh is my favorite, and he did not disappoint, dressed in what appeared to be pajama bottoms and wearing a helmet cam. When they played "Life's Been Good", they used various sound effects, which added to the humor of the song. And the band's harmonies are still right on no matter what they perform. They had two new songs I think.

While the TV was on, I sorted through photos to make a new scrapbook. I had three years' worth that haven't made it into albums, and I had trouble remembering which ones were taken in which year. A lot of my photos are actually on CD, so I'll have to bring them to the camera store and make prints (which fortunately are pretty cheap) since the quality of my computer printer is not quite up to my standards. I discovered while going through my 2002 class reunion pix that I don't remember most of my classmates' names anymore! When I was at the reunion, I recognized nearly everyone! How could I lose so much brain function in only three years? I guess it's a good thing I did my mom's albums in 1999 and 2000 when I could still remember most of the names and dates. I'm going to have to really start documenting things better.

So tonight I have a tender nose, a bandaged finger to protect the nail that was bent backward, sore mouth and neck and jaw, and the fibrofog is so thick you could cut it with a knife. Sigh.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?