<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Chillin' at long last..... 

After temperatures over 90 most of the summer and over 100 five days in a row last week, it has FINALLY cooled off! The high temperature was only 67 today. I got to turn off the ceiling fans for the first time since May....amazing how quiet it is without them running.

My poor bod really needed the break from the heat. My pain level dropped by about a third overnight, and I felt less drained during the first half of the day. I'm not back to my "normal" level of function, but this is a vast improvement over the past few days.

Felt good enough to drive myself to my appointment with my new therapist. I like her so far....she understood my wariness of the somatoform disorder label and how overwhelmed I am feeling about applying for disability. We mostly did background stuff today to get started, so I made an appointment to come back next week.

Have done next to nothing the rest of the day because I went back to being wiped out after the appointment. I think it is going to take me awhile before I feel as good as I did before my sister's wedding. My muscle spasms don't seem as severe as they were over the weekend, so maybe I'll get some good sleep tonight?

Did finally get around to watching "Rock Star: INXS" tonight for the first time. Basically, singers are competing for the chance to be the new lead singer for INXS. Gotta say, the contestants are GOOD! No one bad enough to get booed off the stage. There were a couple of misses, though: the guy who tried to sing "We Are the Champions" by Queen and the woman with the butterfly tatts who did "If It Makes You Happy" by Sheryl Crow. The first two ladies that sang were pretty decent: one did "Gimme Some Lovin'" and the other tackled Stevie Wonder's "Superstition". One guy that made a big impression was ballsy enough to sing "Lithium" by Nirvana in front of Dave Navarro, who is one of the judges! Didn't have the best voice, but the attitude and energy and charisma were all there. Sometimes the best rock performers don't have the best voices. Other "almosts" were the woman that did "Suffragette City" by David Bowie and the dude who sang "Tempted" by Squeeze. One real standout was the man who sang "Everybody Hurts" by R.E.M. Fantastic voice! My favorite, though, was the guy who did his own version of "Lola" by The Kinks. Had the voice, looks, moves AND enthusiasm! Ok, maybe I'm just a sucker for men with great bods who throw their shirts into the audience, heh heh. But I was thinking that since Michael Hutchence was so sexy, it wouldn't hurt to have an attractive replacement.

One real downfall of watching a CBS show is that my tv reception for that station is shitty. I got most of the snow out of the picture and the static out of the sound, but there are these huge thick lines slithering across the screen like snakes. Watching just one hour on that station doubled my headache and made me nauseous. So I think I'll limit my CBS watching to just that one show.

Have not heard back yet from the long-term disability insurance company. It has been over a week since they got the documentation from my rheumatologist. They have a website.....I think I'll see if I can find out anything online so I won't have to wait for business hours to call them.

Dan did me a humongous favor.....he weeded the back yard for me. I had been working on it last month, but when it started getting over 90 every single day, I couldn't go outside, and the weeds pretty much took over. It took him two days, but it would have taken me at least two weeks of being out there every single day to do the same amount of work.

Have been thinking about picking up the "Harry Potter" books. I think the hardbacks are $30 apiece, though, so maybe I should consider the library? I haven't set foot in the library in about seven years.

"I need you tonight, 'cause I'm not sleeping. There's something about you, girl, that makes me sweat."

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?