<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Christmas jammin'??? 

The best thing about fibrofog is that I can be an unintentional comedian. You know how you are thinking one thing but blurt out something completely different? I did that tonight.

Dan and I were watching "Jeopardy", which is one of my all-time favorite shows. We try to yell out the answers before the contestants get them. I get a lot more answers wrong now than I did before I got sick, but I still play along to try to keep my brain engaged.

They had this category where the answers all had the name "Bob" in them. They asked who the clerk was in "A Christmas Carol". When the show was on yesterday, they asked a question about Scrooge's old partner, Marley, so that was on my mind.

So even though I knew the answer was Bob Cratchett, I blurted out, "Bob Marley"! Dan started giggling, and I gave him a puzzled look. Then when the contestant said the correct name, I realized I'd given the name of the reggae singer!

Think how different "A Christmas Carol" would be if it featured Bob Marley instead of Bob Cratchett! My sides hurt from laughing about that.

Yes, I'm easily amused.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?