<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, August 15, 2005

Insert scream here..... 

My efforts to raise hell didn't go very far. The union president is on vacation and won't be back in town until after my termination would be effective! My local rep and the vice prez don't know what the F to tell me. They had no clue whether the terms of the letter were enforceable or whether I was SOL.

I'm pretty sure that the manager that signed this piece of crap knew I wouldn't be able to get a hold of the president until a week from Tuesday. I'm calling HR first thing in the morning even though I hate doing it without knowing what my rights are. I believe this action is in violation of my union contract and that this manager is just trying to see if she can get away with it. At least I hope that's the case. Since I'm the first in my department to apply for LTD, she's probably using me as a test case....you know, offer a benefit like LTD and then can the applicant before they can be approved. I love being made an example of. I also love having my fingernails removed with pliers. The hell I do.

I'm not sure which makes me angrier, the gall of this harpy of a manager or the sudden lack of support from my union. When I was limping through the past few years of work, these people swore up and down that I couldn't just be capriciously fired once my FMLA had expired. Now it appears to be happening, and they're just shrugging their shoulders and saying that our contract maybe doesn't cover that. What the F am I in a union for if my job isn't protected?? They should at least make a friggin' effort.

Without LTD, I can't make mortgage payments. But for now, I'll take the advice of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and in fact will repeat it like a mantra. Don't panic. Don't panic. Don't panic.

But it didn't say anything about not getting royally pissed.....

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?