<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Dan the Man has the jitters..... 

Dan's job interview is tomorrow, and he is sooooo nervous! He has a stutter that makes him very self-conscious. I've told him to just pretend he's on the phone with a friend (it's a conference call with SEVEN managers).

We have gone over what he wants to ask the company and what he wants to say about himself. He wrote down what he wants to say. I think he'll be great if he can stay calm.

I think a lot of the reason he's so nervous is that he feels he must get this job because I can't work anymore. I've tried to convince him that the world won't end if he isn't hired, but he hasn't gotten a good night's sleep since he made the appointment for the interview. So I guess the best thing I can do is cross my fingers that he can relax tomorrow afternoon.

In other news, I found a local charity that still needs donations of clothing, so I gave them what I'd gathered. If I'm smart, I'll continue this business of organizing my possessions and move on to my other closets and cabinets. If I end up having to move soon, I'll be glad I did that.

I also solved the mystery of the missing paycheck. It was sent to my department instead of being mailed to me. Dan picked it up last night.

So now that I know for sure that I have my money, I can make a cash donation to hurricane Katrina relief. I found a local organization who is matching donations to the Red Cross dollar for dollar up to $1 million. So my money will go even further.

Am on day 3 of a migraine. Tried a WellPatch on the forehead, but it did nothing.....the Icy Hot ones are better. It improved some when I had a bit of caffeine today, but I can't seem to get rid of it completely. Need to check and see when my next massage therapy appointment is.

Saw the ENT today for a follow-up. The complicated anti-fungal regimen I've been on has been helpful in some ways: I get fewer mouth lesions, and that godawful yellow furry stripe on my tongue is finally gone. And the doc says my sinuses look dry but less infected than usual. However, my salivary glands are more swollen than they ever have been, worse on the left than the right just like the lymph nodes. Evidence that the Sjogren's syndrome is actually progressing and not just me imagining that I'm worse.

The in-laws will be visiting next week, so I really should clear a path in the house. Actually, the only part that's really bad is the command center. If I start slowly tonight and take lots and lots of breaks and make Dan do all the strenous stuff, I can probably get this place presentable by the time they are due to arrive.

That's all the news that's fit to print for now.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?