<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The finale approacheth.... 

Tonight was the last performance show of "Rock Star: INXS". After tonight's vote by the viewing audience, one more contestant will be eliminated tomorrow night. Then next Tuesday, the band will choose a winner from the three remaining.

Suzie, as the last woman standing, really outdid herself. The band chose two songs for each performer to do tonight, and for Suzie, they picked "What's Up" by 4 Non Blondes and "Insterstate Love Song" by Stone Temple Pilots. She tore right into the STP song with such fervor that you'd think it was written for her. I do think she can sing just about anything if she really puts her mind to it. And she was a natural for "What's Up". She's a keeper, and I wouldn't be disappointed if she won.

J. D. was asked to do his "Pretty Vegas" yet again. I hope this doesn't mean he's gonna win. He was also asked to do "Money" by Pink Floyd, and I've gotta admit he wasn't bad. But I still don't like him.

Marty got to do an encore of his original song "Trees", which is clever and catchy. He did an acoustic version this time, but it was still good. Then he got to do Radiohead's "Creep", which of course was right up his alley. I was a bit surprised that INXS asked him to it. It's a very moody song, but Marty was more than up for it. Still don't know if his musical style matches the band's, but he's gotten this far, so I guess he's got a shot.

Mig was assigned some weird choices: "Paint It Black" by the Rolling Stones and "Kiss From a Rose" by Seal. It was cool to see him do some darker music, but in my opinion, he could have given it more of an edge. Not a bad performance, though, just not quite up to my hopes. But he did a great job with "Kiss From a Rose" that more than made up for whatever may have been lacking in the other song. I'm still rooting for him, and of course I LOVE it when he goes shirtless, heh heh.

I realllllly want J.D. thrown off because it's wayyyyyy overdue, but I have a feeling that's not gonna happen. If Mig makes it to the bottom three tomorrow night, I predict he's gonna be the one that goes. Not because he isn't great....he is, but I think the band's gonna decide he's too much of a balladeer to front INXS.

"Whatever makes you happy
Whatever you want
You're so f-ing special
I wish I was special
But I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo
What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here"
--from "Creep" by Radiohead

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?