<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Some lighter notes..... 

Well, my two-day rant was good for something.....I got enough negative vibes out of my system so that I was able to finish the article I was writing for But You Don't Look Sick. It, ironically enough, is about the blessings in my life. I will post a link to it if it gets used. And maybe I'll post it here if it doesn't get used. Would make a nice Thanksgiving entry.

I know some people were surprised by my outbursts over the past few days. A lot of the stuff I mentioned was not recent at all....some in fact was a few years old. And I thought I didn't carry grudges. Oops.

Wanted to mention some stuff that has happened lately that didn't suck, just in case anyone's wondering if I'm getting any sort of enjoyment out of life. On Wednesday, a friend came by bearing the first two Harry Potter movies to watch and her copy of the volume 4 book for me to read. I made pseudo Parmesan chicken....actually, it's chicken breast without any breading topped with spaghetti sauce and Parmesan cheese. I must say that new Prego organic sauce is tasty. The movies were a delight even if they were longer than I was expecting. The boy who plays Ron Weasley has such an expressive face! And the girl who plays Hermione conveys just the right mix of self-righteousness and mischief. The boy that was cast as Harry looks so ordinary at first that you wonder why anyone would pick him to play a wizard-in-training. But that's just the point: an ordinary kid with extraordinary powers. Both movies had impressive effects. I hope to see the third movie and finish the fourth book before "Goblet of Fire" arrives in the theatres in two weeks, but I don't think I'll manage it: the book has about 700 pages, and I'm only on chapter 4.

Got a letter from the company that administers my 401(K). Seems that my employer told them I'd been terminated, so I have to decide what to do with the money. Problem is, as much as I really need the cash, I would incur a 10 percent tax penalty if I touch it, so my best bet is to put it in an IRA. I have just barely enough money in the fund for me to be able to not be charged a fee for the same company to handle the IRA. I was told some good news: I might be able to access the money without the penalty if I am disabled. The catch is that I have to be approved for SSDI first. So if I run out of money waiting around for Social Security to approve me, I guess I swallow my pride and pay the stinkin' penalty. But I really should be grateful I have anything to fall back on. Most disabled people don't have such luxuries. What a weird world I inhabit.

Dan and I have been watching the "Desperate Housewives" season 1 DVD set together a bit at a time on Saturdays. We're most of the way done with disc 3.

Gonna watch SNL tonight. They're featuring the best of their ad parodies. Should be pretty funny, just so long as none of them have Horatio Sanz in them.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?