<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Ah, shoot! 

Got confirmation of the insurance yesterday morning. Still, I will rest easier when I get an actual insurance card with my name on it. I have three appointments next week, so I'm hoping I'll get the card before then.

The injections weren't too bad. It was the IV that was the biggest pain. They had to do it twice, and I have HUGE bruises on my left arm and hand from then.

They used guided x-rays to help them inject lidocaine and cortisone in my right SI joint. The lidocaine has since worn off, and the cortisone won't kick in for a few more days, so I'm kinda sore right now. But I should feel much better by the weekend.

My hope is that if I can decrease the inflammation in the SI joint for a few weeks, it will be easier to do my aquacise and stretches for the hips, hamstrings and low back. If I can strengthen those areas, maybe the SI joint area will quit going into constant spasm. I figure it's worth a shot, so to speak.

One thing that was kind of a bummer is that they had me remove my Medic Alert bracelet prior to the procedure and put it in a bag with my clothes. I never remove the bracelet for fear of losing it. Well, naturally, when I got dressed, I was somewhat sedated and forgot the bracelet entirely; I called the facility later to see if they still had it, but it's gone.

There's a lot of other stuff going on with me, but I'm too tired to go into it right now.

I will check back in when I can.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?