<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Dan the Man and Ssassy the Car update..... 

Haven't been hiding. I've been researching used cars in case we need to get one. There is precious little to be had that isn't more than I can afford.

The car is at the autobody shop. Their damage estimate is $4000. The Blue Book value of the car is probably only $3000.

The claims adjuster hasn't gotten to evaluate things yet. He'll probably show up at the body shop tomorrow. I hope a decision is made one way or the other soon as to whether the car is a total loss.

Dan tried to go back to work on Tuesday but within two hours, his neck began to hurt again and he had a headache (different from his usual migraines) and was dizzy. He went to his primary care doc today. She has him on a prescription strength anti-inflammatory and Flexeril (a muscle relaxant) and wants him off work until next week.

And a flare has snuck up on me almost without me knowing it. Ninety-nine percent of my flares are the result of overdoing something physical and thus are very dramatic onset. The stress type flare is subtle.....I didn't realize how bad the fatigue was until I overslept three days in a row, and I wasn't aware my pain level had climbed until I tried to do aquacise today. I am, however, acutely aware of the wretched headache that developed within the past few hours.

Dan keeps apologizing for wrecking the car, and I keep apologizing for not being able to work so we could afford to buy a new car. There is no fault, really. Stuff happens.

But it would be great to get out of crisis mode for a few months.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?