<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, January 09, 2006

Monday, Monday..... 

Dan took the car to the shop this morning. Turned out it wasn't a simple hose or anything like that. Dan told me what they had to do, but I was still wiped out from my meds and don't remember what he said. I do, however, remember the cost of repair: $250! So much for carefully budgeting my first insurance check.

Called Medic-Alert. It will cost me $20 to replace my lost bracelet. I ordered the same exact one as last time, with the purple emblem. I should get it in a week or two.

I don't think I mentioned earlier that one of the CDs I got for Christmas was "The Road Less Traveled" by Melissa Etheridge. It's a greatest hits collection, but five of the songs aren't available anywhere else, so that alone makes it worthy of purchase. One of those songs is an unbelievable rendition of "Piece of My Heart". She throws everything she has into that song, much the way Janis Joplin did. Two new songs are about her experience with breast cancer. I think the lyrics of "This Is Not Goodbye" are amazing; they remind the listener of all the women who didn't survive. "I Run for Life" is about recovery, strength and activism and will undoubtedly become an anthem if it isn't already. This CD is a singer/songwriter essential.

Another awesome gift I received for Christmas was "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" on DVD. This one is worth the purchase, or renting at the very least. Repeat viewings haven't diminished my appreciation for it at all. Yes, it is about 16-year-old girls, and the trailers made it look like a very shallow teen chick flick, but it's actually well-written and acted and appropriate for probably anyone over the age of 13. The girls are convincing as friends and as individuals struggling with serious issues. And of course, everytime I see Greece, I wanna go there! This is based upon one of three books, so I wonder if there will be sequels??

Tomorrow I go to the rheumatologist. I had trouble summing up everything that happened since I last saw him and putting it all on one piece of paper. He's probably not gonna be happy about the OxyContin and the Methadone I tried, even though they didn't work out, and even less happy about me being all dopey on Lyrica and Klonopin. But these are things that must be discussed. I also need to find out if he got a report of my consultative exam for Social Security yet and whether he'll be getting a report on the functional capacity exam and whether I can get copies of these. Oh, and I'll need to give up more blood even though I still have four bruises from the CE blood draw and Wednesday's IV. And then after that, I have an appointment with the opthalmologist. That should be a breeze in comparison as my eyes aren't too bad; they only occasionally feel like they have sand in them.

Still lots of things I want to do, like stock up at the grocery store, get a hair cut (maybe even one I like for once), spend some gift cards, get some prints made of photos, and work on my much-neglected websites. But for now, I think I'll start on editing some pix, some of which have been on my computer since September. I have shots of my wheelchair trip to the zoo, my weekend with friends in October, and of course the Christmas Eve pix of my niece.

Not a great Monday, but not terrible.

"I must go away
Wait for me here
Silently stay
And don't ask me why
Only believe
This is not good bye"
--Melissa Etheridge

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?