<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, January 20, 2006

New Year starts out with a bang....or should I say a crash?? 

Dan was hit while on the way to work today. Not serious, but certainly no one's idea of a good time. He did get to visit the brand new ER nearest our home.

He was at an intersection waiting to make a left turn. A car coming toward him had its turn signal on, so Dan thought the other guy was gonna turn right at the intersection. Instead, the other car didn't turn and continued into the intersection after Dan had started to turn.

So a 4x4 hit our little Saturn on the driver's side front panel. I'm amazed the airbag didn't go off. The other guy's did.

Dan was taken out of the car and put on a stretcher with a neck brace on. The x-rays are fine. His neck is pretty sore, though.

The car is not driveable and was impounded. It's our only vehicle, so I had to call my dad who lives two counties away to come pick me up to get Dan at the ER. Dan was given an address of where the car was taken, but no phone number.

Dan got the ticket and will have to go to court. The other guy wasn't charged, even though he had his signal on and then didn't turn. And the cop didn't give Dan ANY info about the other guy, which I thought was weird.

Right now, Dan's icing his neck, and I just gave him some ibuprofen. I'm going to try to get him to see his primary care doc on Monday because I bet he'll still be sore then.

I guess tomorrow we try to get a rental car and see if the impoundment place is open on Saturday. I need to get my handicapped placard out of the glove box. I'm not sure if the car will be totalled or not: the guy that hit him was probably going at least 45mph.

I'm grateful it wasn't worse, but this is a very bad time for us financially if we end up needing to replace the car. With me having no steady income for almost a year due to disability, we've had to live on our savings to get all the bills paid. Our current vehicle has very little value, certainly not enough to buy a used car with if it is totalled out.

I will of course keep an eye on Dan this weekend and will urge him to seek proper medical treatment if he needs it. Right now he says he's more angry than hurt. I feel really bad for him.

So far, I'm not seeing an improvement of 2006 over 2005. Sigh.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?