<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 23, 2006

All partied out..... 

True to form, when Dan got home last night, he gave me my birthday presents (he likes to celebrate as soon after midnight as possible). My present was supposed to be DSL, but since that didn't work out, Dan went out and got me something else: "Good Night and Good Luck" on DVD. I haven't seen it before, but the subject matter interests me greatly, having studied Edward R. Murrow and McCarthy-ism in college, so I imagine I will like this movie. Also, from Chip, the anniversary edition of "Lady and the Tramp", which is my fave Disney movie. So now I have enough movies to watch to keep me out of trouble for awhile.

After aquacise, I needed a nap before I could go out for the evening. I slept for two hours, but Dan decided to catch a few zzzz's right before I was gonna get up, so I went back to sleep for another hour. By then it was 4pm, and I still hadn't had a shower or anything. We left the house about 5pm and went to the gluten free restaurant. I had chicken cordon bleu and mashed potatoes, and Dan ordered a burger. We also watched a cooking demo on focaccia (or whatever the word is) bread. I would have liked to have stayed long enough to try a sample, but the movie I wanted to see started at 7:45, so we had to bail right before it was ready.

I discovered that "King Kong" was still playing at the $1.50 theatre, so I decided to see that before it comes out on DVD next week. Dan had already seen it, but he said he wouldn't mind viewing it again. It was much better than I was expecting. I could have done with fewer or shorter bug scenes (ewwwwww!), but I enjoyed the rest of the stuff on the island and then in New York. Except for one thing: how the heck did they get Kong from the island to New York when he is larger than the ship? They couldn't exactly tow him as he would sink the ship, wouldn't he? And it's not like the chloroform would last very long. Hmmm.....Anyway, the Tyrannosaurus scene was cool but made me dizzy. And I was amazed at the range of emotion they gave Kong. Especially the eyes. Chalk another one up for Andy Serkis, model for the not-quite human.

Oof. I'd like to go on some more about the movie, but I'm dozing off and not making any sense. To sum up: birthday good, klbrowser tired, go sleep now.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?