<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, March 03, 2006

Attack of the energy vampires...... 

Ok, so I have no proof that they were actually here except for how I feel. The real vampire was that neuropsych exam on Tuesday which left me a in a state eerily similar to that of the undead. I slept 16 of the first 24 hours after I got home, and have pretty much been falling asleep anytime I sit idle for more than five minutes. This is just like when I came back from my little weekend vacation in October. I just hope I bounce back quicker than I did then.

Went to the osteopath today. The doc actually came out into the waiting room to meet me. He also surprised me with his knowledge of autoimmune disease; he looked at my list of ailments and meds, noticed the spider veins on my face and my icy hands and asked me if it was possible I had scleroderma. I told him I was still sero-negative but that it hadn't yet been ruled out.

He was also really funny! He saw that he would be treating my SI joint and said, "So, it appears you have a real pain in the butt!" We made jokes off and on during the appointment.

That SI joint is a real stinker. The reason my right hip hurts so much is that the muscles have tightened around the de-stabilized joint in order to protect it, like Chip having bone spurs to protect his hip dysplasia. Anyway, the right hip has tightened to the point that my right leg is a half inch shorter than the left! No wonder I walk funny! So the doc did some gentle re-aligning of my hips and lower back. I won't lie; it hurt like a son of a bitch, but I know I need to do this to fix the problem. I start physical therapy tomorrow to try to get the SI joint to stay aligned. I don't know how I'm going to fit in seeing the osteopath once a week, physical therapy once or twice a week, and Dan going to therapy for his neck twice a week. This is all IN ADDITION to aquacise twice a week, the shrink once every two weeks, and three appointments with other docs already scheduled in the next three weeks.

If there's no rest for the wicked, then I must be wicked.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?