<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Dan the Man and other updates..... 

Dan got turned down on the internet service job in South Dakota. That really sucks, because that would have been a way cool place to work. The printing company that he applied to in Sioux Falls never replied. He's getting very frustrated. I have mixed feelings about the whole thing because I don't want to move, but I know we need to live someplace cheaper.

Dan called me from work tonight. He had to go to court about the accident. Luckily, he saw a judge, and she was nice. She saw his totally clean driving record and had an eye witness statement about the accident that matched what Dan said about the other driver leaving his turn signal on and then not turning. So he was given a lesser charge, and only had to pay $90 instead of $200. Whew!

I had thought I was getting paid this month, but I just went to the long term disability company's website, and they did NOT issue a check for February (they pay on the first of the following month for the prior month). I will call them next week, but I have a sneaking suspicion they're either waiting to see the results of the neuropsych exam or have already denied me and I just haven't gotten the letter yet. I know this sounds paranoid, but I realllllllly don't trust them. The ironic thing is that a few days ago, they sent me a direct deposit form to fill out. It was my understanding that under "reservation of rights", they are to pay me as long as I am cooperating with their "independent" medical exams. But maybe they only meant the back pay? I'm so confused.

Here's something way cool: there is a gluten free cafe and bakery where I live now! Seriously, I could order anything I wanted to on their menu and know it's safe for me to eat. I haven't been able to order a burger, a sandwich, soup or pizza in a restaurant in two and a half YEARS! One of the health food stores in town carries their bakery products; so far, I've had a cheesecake (good) and a cherry tart (fantastic!). Oh, and the cafe has FREE gluten free cooking classes on Wednesday evenings! Might go there next week (since "Lost" will be a re-run again, dammit) with a friend who is also trying go gluten free.
Went to physical therapy today. Spent about an hour figuring out what exactly I can do without aggravating my arthritis or the fibromyalgia. I can't use any of the fancy machines they have. I'm basically gonna be doing stretches. I was given four to do once a day. Did I mention yesterday that my lower back has no curve in it? It actually tilts the wrong way! The PT guy also noticed that my legs are different lengths. While I was lying on the exam table with my knees up, I noticed myself that my left knee was sitting about a half inch higher than the right! Fixing this is gonna take some doing.

Was falling asleep on the couch again tonight. Am declaring tomorrow to be a do-nothing day. I seriously need one.

Am trying my best not to think about gluten-free burgers, but am not quite succeeding.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?