<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Gluten free and PT..... 

I went to the new gluten free cafe and bakery with a friend last night. Took me like half an hour to decide what to eat; I'm not used to having choices anymore, heh heh. I had beef stroganoff. First time I've had gravy in probably five years. My friend had chicken enchiladas. And my friend and I bought a brownie and a piece of lemon cheesecake to take home, and then we cut each one in half so we could try both. They were both delicious, but I had just a few nibbles at them since I'd had such a large dinner. I finished them this afternoon. I was told there is clam chowder available on Fridays at the cafe, which sounds heavenly. I have to eat a lot of soup due to the gastroparesis, and it usually ends up being tomato because there aren't very many other gluten free flavors at the grocery store. Oh, and next Wednesday, they are having a class on making sweet and sour chicken, I think.

Believe it or not, I STILL haven't fully recovered from the functional capacity test I took in January! And I thought my fatigue and fog from last week's neuropscyh exam had finally worn off, and then I woke up today completely in zombie-land. It is tough to be undergoing PT while I hardly feel up to walking across a room, but I have to. My mobility is a fairly precarious thing these days, and if I don't fight to keep some conditioning, my part-time wheelchair use will become full-time. At PT today, I did five minutes on a treadmill at the slowest possible speed, trying to use proper posture and balance and it hurt SO BAD! I can't let myself regress any further....there's no way we could afford a handicap-accessible house if we're not even sure we can keep the one we're in.

Dan's also still having neck problems from the accident. He is still taking muscle relaxants every day because if he doesn't, he can't even turn his head. He's going in for a massage next week. If that doesn't make enough of a difference, I'll try to talk him into going back to his primary care and getting a referral for PT. I feel so bad for him because I know how it feels. I was in a total of SIX injury car accidents, and all involved the neck and/or shoulders.

Got the DSL equipment today; I'm cleared to install it tomorrow after 5pm, but I'll probably wait until Saturday so Dan can help me since it will involve crawling under the command center to plug things in and moving the tower drive around. Then I should be able to download software updates to my heart's content! Yayyyyyyyy! In the meantime, I'm still retrieving old files that I need, re-building my address book, and copying a few tunes from music CDs to keep me entertained. Right now, I'm playing Adam and the Ants, one of my absolute fave '80's bands. They combined pirate costumes with African drumming.....what's not to love??

I FINALLY got my February payment today from the long-term disability insurance company! After I cash it tomorrow, I'll be going to the health food store to get gluten free frozen dinners and calcium supplements since I'm out of both. And maybe get my hair cut this weekend? One problem with wearing bangs; they to get too long rather quickly and get in your eyes. Oh, and of course I'll be paying bills. Pesky lil' things.

Better get back to tracking down some files.

"Goody two, goody two, goody goody two shoes
Goody two, goody two, goody goody two shoes
Don't drink, don't smoke
What do you do?"
-- Adam Ant

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?