<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Update about my updating..... 

Well, rats. I'm so foggy headed I can't remember what was in my last post, so some of this will probably be a repeat.

I inadvertently killed my Mac over the weekend. Three days and three phone calls to Apple Support later, I'm up and running, but minus four years' worth of customization. I saved as much material as I could, but I had like four and a half days' worth of music on iTunes.....too large a file to save to a disk. The only way to fix the machine was to do an "erase and install", which means, yep, you lose EVERYTHING except what originally came with OSX! If I weren't still in zombie-land from that neuropsych exam last week, I might have an easier time finding the backed up files I need. Been too busy figuring out how to re-install everything. I somehow miraculously retrieved ALL of my Quicken data and most of my photo album material. I cannot figure out how to get Dan's e-mail addy back into the Mail application, but I found the messages from the inboxes even if I can't load them into my mailbox (weird). I couldn't get the address book info to transfer either, so I've been opening old messages and copying them into the book manually. What a pain in the ass. iTunes is still up in the air. I found the files containing my playlists, but I need to update my operating system to fix a glitch first before I can load them or even find out if they WILL transfer.

I did hunt down a DSL plan. I really can't afford to be doing it, but right now, my local phone company is offering their DSL for only $25 a month for the first year. I'm hoping that I'll be getting SSDI by the time the price jumps up to $45 next year. I'm supposed to get connected on Friday.

Speaking of good ol' Social Security, they woke me up yesterday morning with a phone call. Seems they didn't like the way my lawyer filled out the appeal form. We put "no change" on everything because we're trying to get a judge to sign off on it based on what's already in the file. Otherwise, I have to wait a year for a hearing. The SS rep insisted that I go over every detail of that form on the phone so it wouldn't "hold up" my claim. Great, except my damned computer crashed and some of the info is God knows where! She kept asking me questions that I had already answered on my original application and in the updated stuff I sent them in November. I asked if she hadn't already seen this information in my file. Turns out she'd never looked in my file! She called me back a half hour later and said, "Well, you certainly do have a large file, but I need these questions answered anyway". So I went back to my original application from August (I kept a copy) and read word for word all the docs I'd seen since I applied. I had to spell every name, every street, every ailment, every med. This really pisses me off because now I supposedly have "new" information in my file, and I think I won't be able to get a judge to sign off on it without a hearing. Tards.

Called my long-term disability insurance company yesterday because I still haven't been paid for February. Their automated system said my claim had been approved, which isn't exactly true. They just have to pay me while I agree to do their "independent" medical exams. I then talked to an operator, and she said she didn't see any activity on my account since the end of January, so she left a message for my benefits coordinator to call me. An hour later, the rep called and announced she had cut me a check earlier in the day! Yeah, and I'm the president of Pluto. The company was just waiting to see the results of the neuropsych exam and hoping I wouldn't expect a check in the meantime. Like I wouldn't notice being short a months' pay????

Went to the dentist for my semi-annual checkup today. I have TWO new cavities on the upper right. Like with all the stuff that was going on last year, Sjogren's is making my teeth decay around old fillings, and there's nothing I can do about it. The dentist did praise me for taking excellent care of my teeth. She said that if I hadn't been keeping them so clean, I'd probably be losing teeth unstead of just getting cavities. So I return in three weeks for the fillings. I am sooooo not looking forward to the novacaine giving me a reaction and the TMJ that inevitably follows having dental work. Hell, my jaw is sore tonight just from today's cleaning!

Tomorrow, I go to aquacise AND the osteopath AND I'm gonna try that gluten-free cafe. After the past few days, I deserve a burger or pizza or something. And maybe I'll bring home a treat for dessert.

Will post a little something about the Academy Awards when I get the chance. I know it's all old news now, but hell, I took notes for a blog post, so I'll get to it.

For now, I'm just gonna cross my fingers that this entry publishes. I'm using a different browser than I'm accustomed to (Safari, ugh), and I had trouble with the last one.

Sigh.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?