<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Doggie door-less. 

Dan started the yard work today. He thatched the front. When he was done, I heard him rattling around the sliding glass door which leads to the back. I figured he was carrying yard implements through the house (one of the more aggravating things about our house is that the garage doesn't connect to the back yard directly). Then I heard more noise, followed by: "Hey, look what I did!" He was standing there holding the dog door in his hands! It's one of those where the upper part is aluminum and glass and is the height of your sliding glass door, and you attach it with screws to the door frame and secure a new latch to it. He totally dismantled it.

Now, I had mentioned to Dan a few days ago that we'd eventually want to remove the dog door THIS SUMMER if we put the house on the market. I figured it might make the house more attractive to prospective buyers who don't have pets. I had no intention, though, of taking it out right now because I'm not exactly thrilled with the idea of having to let Chip in and out a million times a day several months in a row. But there Dan was with the door sitting in the dining area, trying to figure out how to get the original latch to work. Now the sliding glass door won't close all the way and won't latch shut. And the weather stripping came loose and started to crumble after I tried putting it back in place, so I ended up yanking half of it out. The rest of it is stuck. After the umpteenth time tonight that Chip wanted to be let out only to turn right around and want back in, I attempted to pull the screen door closed because at least that has a working latch. It jammed, and then when I tugged a little too hard on it, it came out of the track, and I couldn't get it lined back up, and I had to take it off completely. Grumble.

I'm already hating this business of moving, and I don't even know yet if we have to move! I asked Dan why he didn't wait a few months to take the door out, and he said that we're moving anyway, so what difference does it make. Argh. No, I don't hate Dan, I just don't like what he did. I guess we don't have to agree on everything.

But I am gonna be ticked if we don't end up moving and we can't put our $200 dog door back in.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?