<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Still alive..... 

Haven't been hiding.....my computer was in the shop for several days, and I had to get a new hard drive. Need to re-install/restore all kinds of stuff to be properly up and running again. But thought I'd pop in for a bit to inform you that I'm still breathing.

Dan is still job hunting and trying to find out if he's getting laid off on Friday. He had two interviews with a company and was supposed to find out at the end of the week if he had gotten the job, but he found out today that the company has placed a new ad in the newspaper, so he thinks that they decided against hiring him because he was asking for too much money ($15,000 less than he is making now). He has to earn enough to make up for me not being able to work, which kinda puts him in a bind.

I've been busy packing because it's doubtful we'll be able to keep the house, so we're trying to de-clutter to make it presentable enough to sell. I live in an area with the highest rate of foreclosures in the nation, and a ton of homes that are going unsold, so it will be a challenge to get enough out of this house to enable us to move elsewhere. This house is eight years old (we bought it new) and needs some work as we had not planned on moving and hadn't kept up on aesthetics.

I talked to my lawyer about the gruesome functional capacity exam and neuropsych exam reports done for my LTD company. He says I don't have much recourse as "independent medical exams" are built in to every LTD contract. But he does feel I have a case to appeal if I am denied on the basis of these very biased reports as my own doctors maintain that I am disabled.

Must keep this (relatively) short as I need to install some software so Dan can apply for some jobs.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?