<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 18, 2006

The whirlwind that is now my life.... 

Talked to a realtor this morning. She's coming by on Tuesday, and we'll get the paperwork done so that we can list as soon the house is ready to be shown. She will probably also give us advice on "staging" (which is very popular here).

Decided against the garage sale right now. There's simply not enough time before Dan leaves. So we're gonna take the stuff we wanna sell and put it in storage, and then sometime later, when it's more convenient and I can enlist some help, we'll retrieve it and maybe add stuff from other family members since that seems to attract more buyers.

I may be paying someone to clean for me. It would certainly save time. My stepbrother is looking into how much that would cost.

I'm already overdoing it apparently, and I've hardly done any anything yet. Last night, I developed serious back spasms, the kind where it feels like a dagger going through the muscles, the kind that are so excruciating that you can't breathe. I had to stop what I was doing, sit on the couch and instruct Dan on how I wanted artwork packed. Had to take two Baclofen and a Lunesta just to get a little bit of sleep.

Have most of the downstairs de-cluttered and maybe a third of the upstairs. The great room/dining room looks about three times larger with the area rugs removed. We got some larger U-Haul boxes yesterday (well, medium-sized actually, because our car is too small for the really big boxes) so that I can get started on cleaning out the closet in the book room. I have hundreds of negs and pix that haven't been placed in albums yet, memorabilia going back as far as junior high, Christmas decor and tons of receipts and records in there. I am hoping I can get enough cleared out to be able to fit my scrapbooking stuff in there. I have started on the command center, but haven't made much of a visible difference yet.

Dan and I took our next door neighbor/friend to dinner last night at an Indian restaurant that has a gluten free menu (great food, by the way). Our friend is going to take over walking Chip for Dan because I can't do it. She may also help me shop because I need help sometimes even with an electric cart.

We've looked at Sioux Falls properties online just to get an idea what's available. Turns out the house right across the street from Dan's best friend went on the market! It's a ranch style (main floor bedrooms and kitchen) in our price range and a good size; I just hope it's still available when we're ready to buy.

Need to return to the great de-cluttering adventure. Feel like I'm gonna need a clipboard and a megaphone, heh heh.

Comments:
Dear Karen
I am so happy that things are cruising along, although I feel great saddness that you won't be a car ride away to help me when I need blog advice, Fibro/Lupus/RA whining help, and someone to laugh at my stupid jokes about the downside of celiac (and we both know what THAT is!).
Keep in touch,
Love and gentle hugs,
Karen
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?