<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Yesterday full of surprises..... 

First of all, when I went to aquacise yesterday morning, I was pleased to discover a former classmate had returned. She'd been gone for several months while she was treated for colon cancer, and I didn't think I was gonna get to see her again because she's 87 years old. She underwent some pretty extensive surgery, but didn't have to have chemo because of her age. The way she put it was: "At this point, if it's my time to go, it's my time to go". She looks a lot less tired now than she was before the cancer was discovered, and is in good spirits. I wonder if I'd be able to survive colon cancer at age 87??

Yesterday afternoon, Dan announced he was gonna stop by Wendy's on the way to work. He didn't mention which one (we live in a major metropolitan area with Wendy's restaurants every few miles). About 20 minutes after Dan's shift started, I was watching the news and saw that there had been a shooting at a Wendy's near our house! I guessed he had gone to that one because it was brand new and he likes to try places he's never been to before. So I called to see if he was at work. He was. But he had gone to the very Wendy's that was on the news; apparently, the shooting must have occurred a few minutes after he had left. Close call! I told him that no matter how crappy things seem to be right now, there must be someone looking out for him.

Then last night, I watched "Lost". I have been completely removed from all the spoilers, so most of what was shown was a total shock to me. I knew from previews that Ana Lucia was gonna be attacked by "Henry" (and a former cop should know better than to get right in the face of a prisoner!), but had no idea she'd stoop so low as to seduce Sawyer just to get a gun. And I was quite amused that Sawyer fell for it....I guess sex is his Achilles heel, heh heh. But the last few minutes of the show completely blind-sided me. When Michael has the gun in his hand and says, "I'm sorry", I thought he was gonna admit he couldn't shoot anyone either. But then he blows Ana Lucia away! And then, while I'm trying to decide whether I like that or not (really couldn't stand Ana Lucia or the actress that played her), Libby startles Michael and gets shot TWICE! That's the first time I've ever shouted, "NOOOOOOOO!" at a television. And while I'm trying to comprehend that, Michael opens up the vault where "Henry" is and shoots HIMSELF in the arm! WTF?? Amazing cliffhanger, and there are still three episodes left in the season! But I wasn't the only one surprised....just seconds after Michael shot himself, my friend calls and yells, "OH MY GOD! DID YOU SEE THAT??" Just when I thought the show couldn't live up to the first season, it does. Those writers are clever sons of guns, so to speak.

Today has been considerably more predictable so far.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?