<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Crash! 

Was going to my aquacise class this morning when it happened. Was stopped at a stop sign a few blocks from my house with my left turn signal on, waiting for traffic to clear, when this woman rear-ends me going about 30 miles an hour! I soooo did not need this.

I was furious! I was in a bright red car at a stop sign! How could she not see me?

Unfortunately, whenever I am in an accident, my brain completely fogs over, and I cannot think of what I am supposed to do. I wrote down the woman's insurance info, address and phone numbers, but forgot to get her driver's license number or her tag number. And my hands were shaking so bad that I could barely read what I had written later.

She told me her car had no damage, and I couldn't see any to mine at the time because, frankly, my car was filthy. And I had so much adrenaline going on that I didn't feel injured. So we didn't call the cops, and I just drove back down the street to my house because I was too rattled to drive anywhere else.

Then, when I'd had a minute to calm down and think more clearly, I looked at the car in my driveway, this time cleaning the dirt off the rear bumper. Sure enough, there's more than just a scratch there. So I decided to call my insurance company.

While I'm wading through the insurance company's automated system trying to reach a live person, I start getting a pain in the left side of my neck. Uh oh. I've been in enough accidents to know that I must have tweaked a muscle or two, so I decided I'd get checked out by my primary care doc too.

So in addition to all the chaos of trying to get the house ready to sell, I need to find time and energy to repair the car. I'm hoping it just needs a quick fix. I'll be taking it to get an estimate tomorrow afternoon.

Managed to get squeezed in at the primary care's docs office. No real damage to my neck or shoulder, but they are VERY stiff and sore, and thanks to Mr. Fibro, the pain wants to migrate everywhere. I'm supposed to take it easy until the end of the week.

Unfortunately, I can't tolerate pain meds, so the doc had to get creative. She prescribed Valium, which might sound weird, but it does seem to be helping me relax the muscles without making me dopey. I still hurt, but not as much as before I took the med.

I'm also temporarily increasing my anti-inflammatory, and I'm applying ice, which seems to help. The doc (who knows me and fibro really well) said I can expect to feel worse tomorrow and even worse on Wednesday, but then I should start feeling better after that. I know it's not very useful to question things like this, but I can't help but wonder why this happened now with everything else going on.

Probably shouldn't type any more tonight.

I'm hoping that in a few weeks things will have improved enough for me to wonder what in the world I was so stressed about.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?