<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 29, 2006

showings and no-showings..... 

Had my very first showing yesterday! The real estate company called about 1:30 and asked if they could show the house between 2 and 3pm. I said sure! At the time, I was in the middle of paying bills and had papers from one end of the command center to the other, so I had to stow everything in a big hurrry, put the dog beds and his food bowls in the closet, grab my purse and water and a book, convince Chip to hop in the back seat of the car, etc. Unfortunately, I totally spaced the baby gates at the top of the stairs! I'd been blocking Chip off from the first floor to keep the hardwood floor clean (at least until he's groomed and his toenails have been clipped tomorrow). So I wonder what the potential buyer thought of the baby gates??

Chip was NOT happy about sitting in the car for an hour. He HATES riding in the car under any circumstances, but I thought once he realized we were just going to sit at the park and not go anywhere, he'd settle down. Nope! He whined and howled like I was torturing him. I would get him to lie down on the back seat, but he'd start right back up again after a few seconds. I tried to ignore him and read my book, but I was quite relieved when 3pm arrived.

Once I realized I'd left the baby gates at the top of the stairs, I decided I'd had enough of them and proceed to haul them to the garage. Unfortunately, I guess they'd had enough of me too, because I tripped on them one the stairs and got one hell of a bruise on my leg. That makes three "incidents" on the stairs in two weeks. I also decided that since the cleaning people would be starting the next day that it wouldn't matter anymore if I moved Chip's food and water downstairs and dispensed with the blanket I'd been using as a walkway between the stairs and the sliding glass door. I also let Chip look out the front door and get nose prints all over the glass while I watched "Lost". Later that night, I gleefully shaved my legs in the shower knowing that I wouldn't have to scrub all those little hairs out of the tub.

The cleaning guys were due to show up at 9am today, so I dragged my sorry self out of bed at 8. Dazed, in pain and nauseous, I tried to distract myself by reading "The Chronicles of Narnia'. I began falling asleep on the couch within minutes. I would wake up with a neck ache, change positions, start another chapter and doze offf again. At 11 or so, I began to get annoyed that no one had called or shown up, but I was too exhausted to get up. Finally, at 1:30, the phone rang. The cleaning lady asked if she was supposed to come by that day because she didn't have a specific time written down. I told her that yes, she was supposed to have been there that morning. She asked if she could come at 2:30. I said sure and made myself a quick lunch. Went back to the couch and read again. I read ALL of "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe", and she STILL hadn't shown up! This is the SECOND time a supposedly reputable cleaning lady has stood me up! What the hell am I supposed to do? I got fed up and did what I could myself tonight. Now my hands, my back and my shoulders are spasming like mad, and all I want to do is cry. So I guess I will try calling someone else tomorrow and if I can make alternate arrangements, I'll call the other lady back and tell her to forget it. I wish like hell I could handle all the housework myself. But by doing so, I'm making myself so sick that I won't be able to handle packing and moving once the house does sell.

STILL haven't heard from the virtual tour video guy. What the hell? I found out he was on vacation last week. Fine, but he got back Monday and tomorrow is FRIDAY and he still hasn't gotten around to me. I want to get this show on the road, dammit!

Got ALL the weeds out of the back yard! I got all but a few done in the front yard yesterday before calling it quits. The temperatures are getting up into the 90's during the day again, so I need to stay indoors because of the photo-sensitivity and heat intolerance. Plus, I have a gazillion bug bites even though I haven't seen a single mosquito. Sheesh.

Watched "The Wizard of Oz" with Chip yesterday. He wasn't sure what to think of the sound of the flying monkeys! I think Mom gave me that video; that was one of her fave movies of all time, and we even saw a re-release of it in the theatre. I watched "Nosferatu" tonight. Makes the later Draculas look rather cheesy in comparison. Max Schreck looks absolutely unsettling in this silent German film made in 1922.

Finished reading the Harry Potter part six book and have loaned it to my neighbor/friend. Don't know when part 7 is supposed to be published or when the movie part five is gonna be released, but when I start taking up residence downstairs again (after the virtual tour is filmed and after Chip has been groomed), I'm gonna watch the DVDs of parts 1-4 again.

Have to re-order checks, which is sort of a bummer because I have no idea how many I will actually use before I move. I'm just gonna order one box. I guess I'd rather have too many and have to shred some after the account is closed than not have enough.

Was gonna comment on a lot more stuff, but Chip needs to be at the groomer's at 7:30, so I'd best go take a shower, put on some Icy Hot, take a muscle relaxant and retire for the evening. Why is it that I never miss an appointment no matter how sick I am, and perfectly healthy people can't even be bothered to keep their promises to me??? I guess that's a question for the ages.

Will report more and will hope to be less grumpy while doing so.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?