<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, July 31, 2006

A glimmer of hope.... 

Talked with the realtor today. She said that someone is interested in the house but needs to get pre-approval for financing first. So I need to be cautiously optimistic. Potentially good news but not yet cause for celebration. I am pleased, though, that the house is generating interest. And it would be pretty awesome if I could get this place sold before the savings account completely dries up. Told Dan we should wait a week or so before deciding if he should fly out here for Labor Day weekend. It might actually end up being more productive if I went to Sioux Falls and got to take a look at a few houses in person as it is difficult to move someplace you've never seen.

Dan has looked at two more houses that are promising. Both are 1700 square feet and built in the early '80's. Both have two car attached garages, fenced yards, storage sheds, patios and need no maintenance. On one, we'll have to acquire a fridge and a washer and dryer, and the other just a washer and dryer. One is owned by a carpenter and has a custom pantry, a storage room in the basement and a triple-sized closet in the master bedroom. But it's across the street from a poorly-maintained vacant lot. The other has less added storage but is in a better neighborhood. So now we've found a total of four houses that would be suitable.

The migraine goes on, endlessly it seems. I was really hoping it would have burned out by now. I'm getting very cranky about it because I need a break.

But if I got an offer on the house, someone could probably smack me upside the head with a ball peen hammer and I wouldn't even care.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?