<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, July 31, 2006

Headache, romance, and a scary surprise..... 

Migraine STILL hasn't gone away. This is day five. Nothing helps, not rest, not quiet, not muscle relaxants, not heat, not cold. All I can do is continue to wait it out. It will burn itself out eventually.

Here's something amusing: Chip had a romantic moment yesterday. My friend and I had him out in the front yard on a leash because we had just sprayed weed killer in the backyard. We were surprised to see in the distance another English springer spaniel on a leash coming toward us. And it was a girl dog! According to her owner, the dog's name is Scarlet and she is four years old, half Chip's age. She was black and white with spots on her nose and legs, and she was nearly as big as Chip, which is unusual because Chip is huge for his breed. Scarlet was a little uncertain about Chip coming up to meet her, but he was a charmer as usual, so she finally consented to him sniffing her face and giving her a little kiss on the ear. It was very cute.

Tried to watch the original version of "Brazil" with the commentary by Terry Gilliam. I fell asleep in the middle, but then, I would have fallen asleep in the middle of a nuclear attack today. What I did see and hear, though, was excellent, and I highly recommend checking it out. It's on the Criterion Collection 3 DVD set.

Went outside about 6:30 to tidy up the grass clippings that were all over the driveway. I tried sweeping them, but the broom was too heavy, and I wasn't making much progress. My next door neighbor came by to help me out when she got home from work. She was sweeping, and I was telling her about the "Brazil" commentary, when all of a sudden I saw flames on the other side of my friend's house! Her next door neighbor had been mowing the lawn while smoking a cigarette, and his lawn mower caught fire! I tried getting my hose out, but my friend reminded me that water wouldn't work on a gas fire and asked me where my fire extinquisher was. I had one in my kitchen pantry. She ran in and grabbed it. Before she got there, though, her neighbor had found something to put out the fire. It was a close call, though. Another minute or two and the man's garage would have caught fire. Whew.

That's all for now. My head hurts too much to contribute much more.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?