<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Learning, laughs and house hunting.... 

Was reading the latest issue of "Fibromyalgia Aware" magazine and ran across a medical term that was new to me. You know how I've commented on having the "clumsies", i.e., running into door frames, accidentally flinging things across rooms, tripping over absolutely nothing? Apparently, people with fibromyalgia who appear to be clumsy can actually have what is known as temporospatial dysmetria. This, in addition to the famous "fibro fog" or cognitive dysfunction, is now thought to be evidence of a problem with dopamine, a neurotransmitter. I suspected I had a problem with dopamine before I was ever officially diagnosed with fibromyalgia, mainly because of the uncontrollable muscle twitching I experience. I think we are getting ever closer to the day when fibromyalgia is officially recognized as central nervous system disorder originating in the brain causing neurotransmitter dysfunction. That would certainly explain its systemic and persistent nature.

Tuned in to "Last Comic Standing" to root for my local hero, Josh Blue. He surivived elimination this week, yayyyy! Was kinda sorry to see Roz go as she was a sweet lady, but to be honest, last week's performance was not her best. So we're left with four: Josh, Ty, Michele and Chris. All of them are funny, so it's tough to make a desicion, but I think Michele's material was slightly weaker than the others, so I would bid her adieu. Tonight, Chris had the best routine with a hilarious bit about buying coffins at Costco. At this point in the competition, Ty, Chris and Josh have all had performances deserving of a win. At least with this show, no matter who performs, I get that much needed laughter therapy, so I see it as win-win.

Dan was to tour four homes tonight, but two of them have already sold. Bummer. One that looked promising online was a big disappointment. The basement carpet was trashed, and it SMELLED, the kind of smell that probably wouldn't go away with new carpet. Ewwww! The other house, the one built in 2000 that I've been rooting for, was actually very promising. It's slightly smaller than our present home, but it's in move-in condition, very cute with a backyard Chip would love. It has a built-in corner entertainment area in the basement, a decent kitchen with a dining area and an automatic sprinkler system. It's on the outskirts of town, which Dan isn't crazy about, but the price is right, and we'd be hard-pressed to find a newer home in our price range. Dan has selected four other homes he wants to look at if he can get the realtor pinned down. Oh, and the nice 1951 ranch with the built-in china hutch is still available.

Tried to go to the grocery store yesterday afternoon so I could snag an electric cart. My cell phone went off when I was halfway through the store, but when I answered, the call dropped out. I figured it was the realtor wanting to show the house since no one else has the number. I looked at what I had in my cart so far and realized it would take me just as long to put the items back as it would to just pay for them, so I went to the checkout line. Got home and checked my regular phone, but there was no message from the realtor, so the call to the cell phone was probably just a wrong number. I was gonna go back to the store today and finish the shopping, but first I called my credit union to check my account balance. Good thing I did....I only had $39 in checking! So I stayed home. But I should get my SSDI via direct deposit tomorrow, so I'll go then and get my eggs, milk, frozen waffles, etc.

Hope that nice 2000 ranch is still available when we can make an offer.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?