<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, July 21, 2006

Looky! New links! 

Had promised several people over several months that I would put links to their blogs on mine, but I never got around to it. So now I'm attempting to catch up. Problem is, some of the links I had were lost when my machine crashed, including links to my own photography pages! So if you are one of the people whose site or blog is missing from my list, please leave a comment or e-mails me and I'll rectify the situation.

In the meantime, here's a summary of the new stuff:

Komplexify! You'll never believe how I found this. I was doing a search on the term "split foyer" because I kept seeing it in Sioux Falls real estate ads and had no idea what it meant. This site popped up during the search. Turns out a math professor formerly of California had just purchased a split foyer home in South Dakota and described it in his blog! This guy has a great sense of humor, even if I don't understand all the math stuff, heh heh. And his taste in music ain't bad, either.

My Social Security Disability SSI Blog: believe it or not, the author of this blog contacted ME! He found my blog via the Social Security Disability Coalition. He used to work within the Social Security system, so his entries have a great deal of personal insight. He does all kinds of research, the kind I wish I had the energy for, hence many of my Raves of the Day are articles he found. You can learn a lot on this excellent site.

My Strand of Purls....with a few dropped stitches along the row! That's actually the complete title of the blog. It's written by a friend, Dr. Karen. We met when we formed a chronic pain support group. She has a host of autoimmune diseases that have sidelined her career as a shrink but have not sidelined her sense of humor or her devotion to knitting.

Found this link on Dr. Karen's blog. It's by a young woman named Payj in New York. She's an expert on celebrity-dom, writes well and is quite funny. She's a breath of fresh air.

David Baldinger's Blog and Cartoon sites: found him via My Disability Blog. He's a talented cartoonist who has had to go on disability. He shines the spotlight on politics and other cartoonists' work, and I also enjoy his photography, especially of his cats.

ECT: A Journey Out of Darkness. The one was also featured on My Disability Blog. The author has med-resistant mental illness and has had to resort to ECT, which has in part given him his life back. His story is eerily familiar: fighting with a long-term disability company for benefits, no longer being able to afford the mortgage, trying desperately to sell the family home and move to a state with a cheaper cost of living.

Hidden Words: I found this one featured in a recent article an a CFIDS newsletter. The author is a young woman in England. She is mostly housebound with CFS/ME. She writes well and has great taste in music. She has been kind enough to e-mail me a few times.

Tossed Pot: Another one I found via My Disability Blog. This is written by a young man who has bi-polar disorder and is wading through the Social Security disability process. He lives in Kansas City and takes great photos of the area. Those of you who live in/near KC should at least take a peek at the pix.

Now if I can just find my photo web pages, I'll be all caught up.....

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?