<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Migraine Central..... 

I am now on day FOUR of this stinkin' migraine! It got a bit better yesterday and then worse again today. Not much I can do except wait for it to go away.

Ended up going to Wally World yesterday because I really needed some menthol patches for my forehead. My neighbor/friend went with me, and it's a good thing she did because I decided I needed to get an economy sized weed killer, and it was a gallon and a half and I had trouble lifting it. Couldn't find Migraine Ice patches; maybe they don't make them anymore? But I just bought the smaller sized Icy Hot patches. I cut one in half, and it was nearly the right size for my forehead, a bit wide going into the hairline but otherwise a good fit. I found out that Boost now makes a product specifically for diabetics. After scrutinizing the label thoroughly, I determined that the strawberry flavor is probably gluten free and bought a box so I can compare it to the High Protein Boost I usually buy.

My friend and I were going to watch the fourth Harry Potter movie, but it was so late after we got back from Wally World that we decided to put it off until tonight. So she went home, and Chip and I watched "Lady and the Tramp". Chip was mesmerized by all the realistic doggie sounds. It's still my fave original-style animated Disney movie.

Stayed in bed until 11:30 this morning because of the migraine. It didn't help one bit, so I reluctantly got up and went about my day. Did my usual stretches, but my head felt no better as a result.

Typed up a list of people and companies I'll need to notify of my change of address if/when this house sells and we buy one in Sioux Falls. I've also been making lists of what documents I'll need to gather before moving and what items I'll need to unpack first. I'll type those up too at some point.

Got a couple of photo album pages done. I'm trying to be economical by putting the 2002 and 2003 photos in the same album. I prefer one year per album, but the expandable albums I use can hold up to 60 pages total, and if I can squeeze two years' worth of pix into that, it would save the cost of buying an additional album. I have just four pages of 2003 pix left to do. I know the photos from 2004 will take up an entire album on their own because I took so many of our trip to Hawaii, but there are so many good pix on that one that I don't think anyone will mind.

Watched the heavily edited 90 minute version of "Brazil" on DVD this afternoon. I can see now why Terry Gilliam was so upset with it. It hardly resembles the original with its alternate opening, almost total lack of dream sequences and very hollow-seeming happy ending. I may go back and watch the original two hour twenty minute version again so I can appreciate the difference more fully.

My neighbor/friend came by after work today to help me with the yard. She mowed and I went about spraying the gravel areas with the new week killer. The bottle was so heavy, though, that I ended up just setting it on the ground, spraying every area I could reach, and then moving the bottle a few feet to a new spot. I hope this one works better than the other two I have tried.

We did get around to watching "Goblet of Fire" tonight. It varies the most from the book of the four Harry Potters done so far, but I like it quite a lot. The dragon chase scene is quite exciting, the scene with the ghost flirting with Harry is hilarious, and the ending quite sobering. I've been doing a lot of speculating about how the fifth book might be done into a movie; it would be quite a challenge since the material is so dark. I've also been guessing at what will happen in the seventh book.

Must stop here as I've been dozing off throughout typing this.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?