<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Slowwwwing dowwwn..... 

Had to get up at 7am to put the trash and recycle bins out because the wind had knocked them over the night before. Got to sleep for maybe an hour and was awakened by a phone call from my new benefits administrator with my long-term disability insurance company. She asked if I'd been asleep and I told her bluntly yes. She said she was surprised I slept so late! I've told these guys several times I require a lot more rest than the average person. Anyway, she told me I STILL owed them money, after I'd sent them just about all of my SSDI backpay! I asked how that could be. She said it was short $3000. I told her that amount went to the lawyer. She paused and said, "Oh, yeah, I guess it says that right here". She then proceed to inquire about whether I had any children under 19. I reminded her that I have no kids. She managed to find that in my file too. Doesn't anyone read my file before they call? Tards. About an hour after that, Chip decided the world would come to a halt if I didn't get up and give him his morning meds. So I gave up and got up for the day.

Could tell right away that the tapering off the prednisone is having a profound effect. I felt sooooo heavy and slow, like I'm hauling an elephant through a swamp. My thinking seems to be dragging too. And the exhaustion is deep, like it penetrates right through to the soul. This is what I don't think most docs ever understand, just how fully a chronic illness like this infiltrates every fiber of my being.

But I still have a life to live, even when I am in tears because I need so badly to lie back down. So I got the house, the dog and myself ready for the day. Did my stretches and noticed that while they hurt quite a bit more than they did on Saturday, it still wasn't as bad as pre-prednisone, so maybe all is not lost. Paid the bills and had a moment of panic when I ran out of checks and couldn't find the new box I'd just gotten. Then I felt like a complete tard when I realized I had stashed them under the passenger seat of the car last week when in the midst of running errands.

Had to make some phone calls to try to find out why my flexible spending account company has no record of my COBRA payments the past two months. Tried the online and telephone automated systems and could only get information for 2005. Talked to a person, and she swore up and down that they don't ever extend benefits once someone leaves employment. I asked her then why my husband was offered an extension as a COBRA benefit, and she had no idea. So I called the COBRA administrator and was told the flexible spending account company is required by law to offer benefits for the full calendar year. Luckily, the lady I talked to there was on the ball and volunteered to either straighten out the problem with the FSA guys or refund our premiums. I was going to call our new insurance plan with some questions, but I realized I didn't have the time.

Sat down with a bowl of chili about 1pm with the cleaning ladies due to come by at 1:30. Imagine my surprise when they were early! Stashed Chip in the garage and inhaled the rest of the chili so I could get out of the way. I still feel a little weird about lounging around on the couch flipping through a fibromyalgia mag while people around me are scrubbing my house. But I am paying for the privilege, so I suppose I should get used to it. Man, they were quick! Everything thing done in just over an hour. And no way I'd be able to get my kitchen and bathrooms so spotless on my own.

After they left, even though I was dragging pretty badly, I decided I'd better head out to the health food store since I'd missed my chance on two previous occasions. I'd been gone about 10 minutes when my cell phone went off. it was the realtor's office, letting me know I had a showing in less than half an hour! So I flipped the car around and headed home, scooped up Chip and something to read and headed for the park. Found myself dozing off in the car. Got home at 5:30 far too wiped out to run any errands, so I just gave up and made some pasta salad. It was cloudy outside and would have been perfect weather for yard work, but I couldn't even consider it.

Talked with Dan on the phone for a bit. Seems his realtor is out of town this week, but he will be arranging to tour some houses on Sunday. He also went in to see the doc finally about the cough he's had for three weeks. Was told he had a bacterial infection and was given antibiotics and cough syrup.

Then I sat down to watch what I thought was gonna be the finale of "Last Comic Standing". Turns out that this is actually the beginning of the audience voting! Each week, a finalist will be voted off until a winner is declared in August. Was a bit grumbly because I felt like I had been sucked in, but I had a local comic to root for, so I went ahead and watched and voted online afterward. Have to admit all five finalists were funny, so I had a good time watching. I guess if I had to throw someone off, it would be the woman from New York. And while I'm hoping Josh Blue will win, the funniest guy tonight was the dude who did the routine about doing post-sports interviews after sex. The results of tonight's vote won't be announced until next Tuesday, so I suppose I'll commit to tuning in.

All right, I've lost track of how many times I've dozed off while typing this. Autoimmune fatigue is nothing short of hell, and that's all there is to it. Tomorrow is my last day of prednisone, and while I'm hoping I won't hit bottom, I don't suppose I should be too surprised if it happens.

At least I won't have to clean house.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?