<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, August 25, 2006

Bowing deeply.... 

As you know, I read several blogs regularly (when possible). One recent entry in "Hidden Words" (on my Links list) really got me to thinking. Here's the actual entry:

Not A Bad Place To Be

I originally started blogging for four reasons: to exercise my brain, for therapy, to keep friends and relatives informed as to what's up with me, and to educate the general public about chronic illness. Not that I ever expected a large following, but I hoped someone besides me would find what I had to say interesting. And to my surprise, I have picked up readers from various countries and backgrounds, and most of them are quite articulate and have a great deal to teach me. So I have benefitted from this blog in ways I could never predict.

I do get comments from time to time. I regret to say that I don't usually reply to them, but I really do read them. And I do appreciate them. I sometimes mean to reply but simply forget, and by the time I do remember, several days may have passed, and my reply probably won't be seen. Other times, I can't think of anything to say in return, or I just don't have the energy for an extended conversation. So please don't be offended if your comment goes unanswered. I promise you that I did read it and am pleased you offered feedback.

And those of you who don't comment (which are most of you), that's cool too. I just want to say I'm grateful you find my words worth reading in the first place. There are times I get more interest, support, prayers and positive feedback online than I do in person. Now, to be fair, I don't get out the house much anymore, so opportunties to see people face to face are becoming fewer and fewer. But there are far more intelligent and wonderful people on the internet than I ever would have expected. Maybe I've just been really lucky to find them instead of the trash talkers, stalkers and molesters that we keep hearing about in the media. Maybe I just naturally gravitate toward creative, literate people. But then again, I do believe that there really is more good than evil in this world, if you are willing to look.

So to all my readers, thanks for browsing. Hope you'll visit again soon.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?