<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, August 18, 2006

Getting my back back..... 

Hobbled into the chiropractor's/massage therapist's office today (they work together). Did moist heat packs and the TENS unit first to get the muscles to loosen a bit. Then I got a one-hour massage. It was quite painful, but afterward, my hips were no longer all locked up, which made the chiropractic adjustment easier. I left there still in some pain, but able to walk more normally, which was quite an improvement.

Like every time I have messed up my back, this is gonna take some time to heal. I can't walk around with a mis-aligned lower back for four days and expect to have it fully resolved in one afternoon, at least I can't with this derned fibromyalgia. I still have sharp pain just above and to the right of my tailbone, and I'm still getting nasty spasms in the right hip, but it is no longer radiating upward into my mid-back, off to the left, or down my right leg. I'm going to do moist heat packs, Baclofen and stretching for as long as necessary. I have to get functional again before the house sells because I've got to be able to pack.

Now, no more crises before I move.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?