<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

"Life's a piece of sh**, when you look at it. Always look on the bright side of life".... 

Sorry, I couldn't resist that quote from "Life of Brian". The song in that movie always cracked me up. Hey, maybe after I move, if I get cable, it will have BBC on it, and I can watch Monty Python??

Anyway, I'm still ticked, but am determined to make things work out nevertheless. I am also determined to be myself, even if I have very little control over my life. That means I'm not always gonna be warm and cuddly.

But in the interest of balance, I have decided to mention here some things that are actually going well. Need to remind myself from time to time that not everything in my life sucks. And then maybe I'll dig up something amusing for a Rave of the Day.

Dan is coming home for Labor Day weekend! He arrives on Saturday the 2nd and leaves Tuesday the 5th. We're gonna have a special game day with my family on the 3rd to celebrate, some burgers and then whatever board games strike our fancy. We'll probably have lunch at P.F. Chang's one of the days he's here, and will chill the rest of the time.

My flexible spending account company finally got their, um, act together and reimbursed us for most of our expenses for June and July. Due to a brain fart of mine, though, they sent the check here, but I'll just have Dan endorse it when he's here. I still had a bit of a balance remaining, so I asked the dentist's office to send me a receipt for one of my payments on the crown I had done in July, and that should cover the rest. And then I won't have to deal with those inept FSA fools anymore, yay!

Had a scrapbooking "emergency", code for "my tape runner is empty again". I went to a different craft store than usual, hoping they would have some multi-packs of lettering that I've been looking for. They didn't, but I did find some nice individual lettering sheets in a medium-sized, easy to read font in white and in purple/blue. I got more adhesive, replaced my black medium point pen that had died, and in a truly admirable bit of restraint, only bought one sheet of stickers. They were penguins carrying Christmas packages, perfect for Dan's holiday pix. There was a ton of really awesome Hawaiian stickers, but I think I will wait and see if I already have enough before I get more. It's not like you can really use Hawaii-themed stickers on anything but pix of Hawaii, so you don't want leftovers. There was also some gorgeous background paper. They had packs where are are various shades of the same color, like 10 shades of blue. If I have a little more money sometime, I might get packs of red and green for Christmas-themed pages.

The house is completely clean and the entire yard has been mowed. It looks good enough to buy, heh heh. All the weeds are gone except dandilions in the grass, and I'll work on that if my back will allow it.

My neighbor up the street told me today that his house has sold! This is good news to me because then I'll be the only one on my side of the block with a house for sale. The neighbor's house went on the market a week before mine. So maybe mine will be next.

I saw a yellow swallow-tail butterfly today! They're supposed to be out of season by now. They always remind me of my mom and make me smile.

Speaking of out of season, two of my lilac bushes have blossomed! They're supposed to bloom in May, not August. But the poor bushes were heavily damaged by a blizzard last October, and it has taken them almost a year to recover. Good timing, because they make the yard look very nice.

My back has improved some. Actually have periods of time where it isn't in spasm. Am able to do all my stretches again.

And last but not least, I have 868 songs on iTunes, about half the amount that were on there before the big crash. Am listening to Janet Jackson at the moment.

Oh, and I get paid for SSDI tomorrow.

Always look on the bright side of life......

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?