<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

More ramblings on a meltdown..... 

On Monday, I went to the massage therapist and chiropractor. I was still getting pain down the left side of my neck and into my shoulder from that fender bender two months ago, so I asked the massage therapist to just focus on my neck and tops of my shoulders for the entire hour. The scalene muscles seemed to be the main culprit, and it definitely was not an easy fix. Every time she would resolve one trigger point, she'd find another one right under or next to it. And they were nasty knots! There were a few that when she pressed on them, I would get intense pain shooting throughout the shoulder and down the arm. It was a massive challenge to endure the agony until the knots released, but I knew it had to be done, or my neck would never get better. When she was done, I was kinda dizzy, which usually happens when I have major myofascial therapy done. I think it's caused by the toxins that are released from the muscles. And my shoulders felt like they were sitting about five inches lower than usual, which made me really clumsy for a few hours. I had no idea my neck muscles had tightened up my shoulders that much! I made sure I drank a lot of water the rest of the day and put moist heat on my neck at bedtime. The scalene muscles are incredibly sore now and actually feel bruised, but I'm not getting pain referring into my shoulder or arm anymore, so I think it was worth it. I put an Icy Hot patch on my neck last night, which did help. And aquacise this morning was good because we always do gentle neck and shoulder stretching in the nice warm pool. I think I may be on my way to full recovery from the accident, finally.

The claims rep for the insurance company of the lady who hit me called yesterday and started asking if I had any pre-existing conditions. I admitted to the fibromyalgia. This will probably result in the company refusing to pay my medical bills, but what am I supposed to do, lie? I did make it clear to her, though, that I did NOT have have this particular sharp pain on the left side of my neck and shoulder prior to the accident, which is the absolute truth. I hate fibromyalgia, because you can blame just about anything on it.

Is it just me, or has this been one long ass summer? And too freakin' hot, at least it was today and yesterday. My neighbor/friend went with me to the grocery store yesterday because I needed bottled water, and it's too heavy for me to buy more than a couple of days' worth at once without help. But when we got there, all the electric carts (all two of them) were in use, so my friend had to shop for me while I waited in the car. Even with the A/C on, I got too overheated in the car and pretty much wiped myself out. I had planned to pull some weeds in the evening, but I could hardly move my butt off the couch after I got home except to eat and pee. Yuck. I only had my friend buy the absolutely vital stuff (water, seltzer water, eggs and braunschweiger to hide the dog's pills in), so I will still need to go another time to get the rest. Maybe tomorrow.

I have now put all the page covers on my 2002/2003 photo album, so it is ready to be viewed by the public. I always put covers on the pages to protect them from fingerprints and to keep the photos and other items on the pages from snagging. I have also done layouts for half of my 2004 pix. It occurs to me that I'm really going to be glad I bought the solid colored paper because I have some really busy background sheets for my Hawaii pix with pineapples and palm trees on them. If I just put the pix directly on the background paper, they won't really stand out much. But if I put a small frame around each photo of a solid color, it will help separate the photo from the pattern and should look much nicer. I may try to finish the layouts tonight if my brain isn't too fried. I'd like to start actually assembling the 2004 album this weekend.

Have been steadily going through my CD boxed sets and adding songs to my (new) iTunes collection. Actually, I'm nearly done; after the Bob Dylan set I'm listening to now, the only one that remains is the Led Zeppelin set (saving the best for last, ya know). I've got over 800 songs in iTunes now, pretty impressive since I have at least a couple hundred CDs in storage that haven't had any songs copied yet. I think after I finish the boxed sets, I may visit the iTunes music store and compile a "wish list" of songs I'm going to download when I get a proper internet connection. There will be many songs from 2006, and then I think I'll return to my old project of making pop music playlists by decade. Before the hard drive crashed, I had gotten all the way through the '90's and was nearly finished with the '80's. So I'll embark upon the '70's and go backward from there. I think the Billboard lists on iTunes go all the way through the 1950's and may even cover the late 1940's. But I'm not terribly familiar with material that was recorded prior to the rock era, so my playlists may not go back that far. Believe it or not, I developed a fondness for big band music when I had to air it on a radio station in Topeka during the 1980's. Problem is, I don't remember much about who recorded what.

Have been going onto my old fibromyalgia website the past few weeks and updating some stuff, removing dead links, etc. I had taken all the links to my photo pages and my pre-diagnosis journals off of there while I was applying for disability, but now I'm ready to put them back on. And I'd like to tie my old book reviews to the stuff I've done for But You Don't Look Sick, and add other current material. But I only have so much online time during a day, so the progress is slow going. I want to eventually add a significant amount of material to my spiritual website as well. And I will be making more current photo pages when I get a proper internet connection, and I'd like to make a page for my old poetry. All In good time, I suppose.

Left a message for my realtor asking whether or not the person who was interested in my house has made any progress getting financing or if there is any additional interest. After I hear back from her, Dan and I can decide whether or not he should fly out here for Labor Day weekend. I have a feeling that since I haven't heard anything for a week and a half, I am probably not any closer to selling the house. I really hate the waiting and the not knowing.

Got a call from my sister tonight asking if I wanted to go out to dinner tomorrow night. I said sure, because I haven't been to a sit down restaurant since my brother-in-law's birthday in June. We're gonna do the Outback. Mmmmmm, steak.

Hope I hear from the realtor tomorrow, and that she has some good news.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?