<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, August 14, 2006

Rave of the Day for August 14, 2006: 

Don't know if you caught it in the "comments" section or not, but I was informed that Geri Jewell, who has cerebal palsy, was a stand-up comic long before Josh Blue won "Last Comic Standing". Apparently, she also had a recurring role on "The Facts of Life" (which I admit I never watched) and is now on "Deadwood" (which I have not seen because I don't have access to HBO). Here are a couple of articles about her sent to me by my friend Robert....

The HUMOR project

Jewell in the rough: Salon

Also, he pointed me to a site with some very handy information:

TV shows on DVD

I've bookmarked that last link because I think it would be fun to find out what awful shows from my youth can be found on DVD. I admit I am also curious about the shows that were actually good. Plus, it may give me ideas for shows I can review for But You Don't Look Sick.

Guess I've led a sheltered life.

Comments:
Australia has a comic with CP for *many* years too. He goes under the ironic name of Steady Eddie, and has been in some moves too.

His IMDP page is here:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0248914/

There is not much on the web about him - maybe because he was mostly around earlier?

r
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?