<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Still breathing..... 

This morning, I tried to get to get in to see someone to fix my back. None of my former doctor's offices would even let me make an appointment because my new insurance wouldn't cover them! i thought at least they would allow me in if I paid out of pocket. It really angers that after three months of working with them on my back, all of a sudden I can't get treatment. So I made an appointment for tomorrow with my massage therapist and chiropractor. I've always paid out of pocket to see them. I think the osteopath would be better for me, but I guess I can't be picky anymore.

I went to my regular aquacise today. I iced my back and took a Skelaxin (a non-sedating muscle relaxant) first. It hurt like hell to do the stretches, but I just went slow, and eventually some of my muscles did loosen up. I ran one errand: I went to Wally World for more Icy Hot patches. Other than that, I've been on the couch most of the day, putting ice on my back every few hours. I'm able to walk around a little better now, but I'm still getting very sudden violent spasms that take my breath away. I'm hoping that the massage and chiropractic adjustment tomorrow is all I need.

Makes me wonder, with so much agony from a little bitty dislocation of a joint, how the hell do people with ruptured disks, broken bones, or any major injury stand it? This actually hurts worse than my week-long migraine did, I think because at least with the migraine, I could still walk around. This hurts worse than the infected tooth that needed the root canal, hurts worse than my post-surgeries, and is right up there with the gall bladder that needed emergency surgery. Thank God I opted not to have kids. Childbirth probably would have driven me stark raving mad.

Just call me the wondrous wimp woman.

Comments:
Thanks for the blog comment! I couldn’t remember what the test was called when I wrote my post, so thanks for reminding me. I’m sorry to hear you’ve had to have an EMG too, though. They sound awful! Still, if it helps the doctors figure out what’s going on, I guess the pain/discomfort is worth it. Maybe you feel like that about tests too???

You know, us Brits always moan about the NHS [National Health Service] but when I read about people who can’t get medical treatment because of their insurance, it really does make me realise just how lucky we are. Nobody likes to be in pain, but to have it and not be able to seek medical advice because of something like that must be very frustrating. I truly do hope you’re able to get treatment sooner, rather than later.

In the meantime you have my sympathies. And I’ll keep my fingers crossed that you’ll be feeling much better very soon!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?