<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, September 15, 2006

Distractions..... 

I've been using the art of distraction to try to keep myself from getting distressed about the fact that the house isn't selling. Haven't had a showing since Dan was here. Not very people are picking up brochures anymore either. I've pretty much decided that it is time to drop the price. I'm gonna wait one more weekend to see if anything happens, and then I will be calling the realtor on Monday.

Have been watching my "Lost" Season 2 DVD collection. After I viewed the one episode I hadn't seen during the season, I went through all the bonus material so I could review it for But You Don't Look Sick. The review hasn't posted yet, but I will provide a link when it's up. Now, I'm watching all the original episodes in order. I am two-thirds of the way through. I will probably watch the season finale at least a couple of times before the new season begins airing in October. So much happened during those last two hours that it's difficult to keep it all sorted out in my head.

As a result of watching all the "Lost", I haven't been viewing much network prime time, and frankly, I haven't missed much. I had no interest in viewing the so-called docu-drama "The Path to 9/11". When I'm ready for a fictionalized account of those events, I will rent "United 93" and "World Trade Center". And "Dancing with the Stars" is on AGAIN? I hate that crap! The new season will be getting going full swing in the next few weeks, so I can look forward to some decent programming again. But I am hesitant to commit to more than a couple of shows because after I move, Dan and I will need to sort out what we're going to watch. Until this summer, Dan had been working nights since 1995, so he has no idea what's on. For now, I've told him I want to see the new "Lost" episodes on Wednesday nights and "Grey's Anatomy" on Thursday nights and that we'll negotiate on the rest. I'd like to watch "My Name Is Earl" if it doesn't conflict with "Grey's Anatomy" and maybe "The Office", at least the season opener. And I'm pretty sure Dan will agree to watch "Desperate Housewives" this year again with me. There are a few new shows I'm curious about, like "Ugly Betty" and maybe "Six Degrees", but we'll see. One thing I need to keep in mind is that we may be getting cable after we move, so that will bring a whole new aspect to things. I haven't had access to any alternative programming in a few years, and I don't know what airs when. I would like to check out "30 Days" and "Mythbusters". I won't be surprised, though, if I find myself watching entirely too much VH1, Animal Planet and TV Land, heh heh.

I'm slowly getting more caught up on my scrapbooks. I have completely finished 2004 and have begun 2005. Earlier in the week, I went to Archiver's for some more page covers, and, naturally, some more goodies. I had run pretty much completely out of Christmas stuff, and I wanted some stickers to go with my pix of my trip to my college's Maple Leaf Festival. I also got some winter-themed background paper, some sparkly stars to go with my StarFest convention pix (not very original, I know) and some cute glitter-covered letters for pages with pix of my nieces. And I got some wedding-themed stickers because I have I think six pages worth of pix from my sister's wedding.

Unexpectedly went to lunch yesterday. What happened was that one of the ladies from my aquacise class announced that it was her birthday and invited me and another classmate to lunch. I had to sheepishly admit I had no money on me (I only bring my gym bag for the class), and she offered to pay. We ended up at Chili's. I haven't been there since I went gluten free, so I had no idea what was safe for me to eat. Luckily, the chain now provides a computer printout of guidelines for people with allergies/sensitivities, including gluten. So I discovered that I could have their Margarita Chicken as long as they left off the tortilla strips that normally come with it. I didn't miss the tortilla strips at all as I had plenty of carbs from the black beans, rice and salsa that accompany the chicken. It was surprisingly good. I wasn't able to participate in dessert, a birthday sundae, but the entree was plenty for me. So at some point I need to return the favor and take this nice lady out to eat, which of course is ok by me, heh heh. And the waiter let me keep the gluten free printout, so if I ever find myself at Chili's again, I'll know what to order.

Got my copy of "Gluten Free Living for Dummies" today. I put down the James Herriot I was reading for the time being and will pick it up again after I've read the Dummies book and reviewed it for But You Don't Look Sick, which shouldn't take very long. The book was just published this year, so it has all the latest medical info in it. It also contains recipes, a few of which intrigue me enough to perhaps try them. And even though I consider myself to be well-read on the subject of celiac disease, I hope to maybe learn a few things.

Not a whole lot else going on right now.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?