<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Grumbles and goodies..... 

As much as I really enjoy and appreciate having a clean house all the time while it's for sale, I really miss my stuff that's out in storage, particularly my tunes. About three-fourths of my music CDs are packed away, and I've already listened to the 40 or so CDs I have remianing in the house multiple times. I tried downloading a couple of Snow Patrol songs on iTunes this week only to discover that I couldn't keep an internet connection long enough to accomplish this. I had thought that the downloading would pick up where it left off after I re-connected, but it actually starts from the beginning each time, so that's no good. I guess I'll go back to my original plan of writing up a wish list of songs from iTunes and downloading after I get moved and acquire some cable internet. In the meantime, at least there are good local radio stations to listen to.

Am not adjusting well to the fall weather. I think it's what's responsible to the recent increase in fatigue and pain. No snow yet, but a temperature drop of about 30 degrees was sufficient to remind me how much my arthritis dislikes the cold. My Raynaud's is not happy either, and my hands and feet have returned to being icy, and they ache like crazy. I feel like a wimp for having this much trouble when it hasn't even gotten below freezing yet. How am I gonna handle South Dakota winters? I'm gonna be like Scarlett O'Hara and think about that tomorrow.

I did cave in and fire up the furnace yesterday. I usually wait until the thermostat gets down to 65 degrees or so, but I want to keep the house comfortable for showings, so I set it at 70 degrees. I cringe when I think what the heating bill is gonna be, but maybe I'll luck out and get this place sold before winter takes hold. And because it has been raining with night time temperatures around 35 degrees, I have turned off the sprinkler system for the time being. We are supposed to hit 70 degrees again in a few days, so it's not time to shut down for the winter yet, but I'll only water during the day just to be safe. I'll probably have the system blown out in a few more weeks as we get closer to the first hard freeze.

My heel felt better when I got up today, and it didn't pop when I used the stairs, so I went ahead and did my usual Gazelle workout. It did hurt, but still not as bad as yesterday, so I think I'm on the mend. I am predicting that by Monday it will be back to normal. Yayyyy!

Got a letter and some pix from my aunt in Little Rock. Yayyyyy! She and her husband both have declining health as they are in their 80's, so her correspondence has been less frequent and her writing harder to read, but I'm always glad to get something from her. My next project after I finish my current photo album is to to an album of the pix she has sent me over the past few years. I need to make sure I write back right away before I put her letter in a drawer and forget to reply. My memory really sucks lately, and I hate having to keep everything so tidy because I need things where I can see them as visual reminders. I forget to take my meds, to test my glucose levels, to make appointments, all because I've got my reminders tucked away in the hutch or the pantry. As soon as the house sells, I'm putting my pills back on the countertop so I can tell whether I've taken them or not.

Guess who used up ANOTHER tape runner? I'm a scrap booking fool! I'm up to October 2005. I went to the hobby store to replace it this time since it is cheaper than the scrap book store, and they have Christmas stuff the other place didn't have. I did try to reasonably restrain myself, but it's like telling a wino to just take a couple of sips, heh heh. Besides more adhesive, I found a multi-pack of fonts (I've been looking for one all summer) and a Christmas-themed pack of background paper since I've already used up all the red and green paper I had. I did only buy one sheet of Christmas stickers, but I looked through all the others they had and made a mental note which ones I'd like to get if I make another trip there sometime.

Talked with Dan tonight. He tells me a house down the street from his parent just went on the market. It's had literally everything in it updated, has a privacy fence in the back, vinyl windows, storage shed, lots of other stuff. Only thing is, no photos of the interior on the internet, no square footage listed, and we don't know how old the house is. So Dan will have to take a tour to see if it's worthwhile or not. Also, Dan found a bunch of brand new houses for sale at the upper end of our price range. Only problem is, once we tack on finishing the basement, landscaping and putting up a fence, it will actually take us over our budget. It's frustrating because we probably could have gotten away with it if we'd hadn't had to drop the price on our current house. If I was getting my disability pension and wasn't facing having my LTD benefits cut, I'd go for it, but with my income so unreliable, we'd better error on the conservative side. So we're back to small new-ish houses or large old houses.

No showings on our house yet since we dropped the price, but more people are picking up brochures this weekend, so maybe there is hope. After all, to quote Ms. O'Hara, tomorrow is another day.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?