<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Housing news..... 

Checked my realtor's website this morning, and she has already updated the price on my house to $5000 lower than the original price. She also put in the language about paying $3000 toward closing. I should be getting new brochures shortly. Keep your fingers crossed that this works!

Also went to the Sioux Falls property listings and found to my dismay that three of the six houses we were interested in have SOLD! One really promising one had dropped its price $10,000 so I shouldn't be surprised it's gone, but I am rather bummed. That leaves one newish house slightly smaller than ours on the outskirts of town, one very large 50 year old house near where Dan's parents live, and one 25 year old house slightly larger than ours over by where some of our friends live. The house built in 2000 has dropped its price $1000, and the 25 year old house has dropped its price $4000, so we may miss out on those if our current house doesn't sell soon. I guess I should double check to see if Sioux Falls has any new listings I may have missed. I just hope there are some good choices left when we finally get to buy.

I guess it's not really worthwhile to really get my heart set on one particular house yet as I have no control over when we can make an offer. And maybe it's fortunate that we haven't yet found the perfect house for us, so I haven't gotten overly attached. But every time Dan tours something that might work for us, I try to picture myself there and decide whether I can be comfortable there, so a certain amount of emotion is always invested. I must admit that I really am fond of the huge 50 year old house. Maybe it's because it has a '50's memorabilia room with a statue of Elvis, a guitar and some other stuff i can relate to. Maybe it's the built-in bookcases. Maybe it's because it's so large that storage would no longer be a problem. I realize it's probably the least practical because it would cost more to heat and would need more upkeep, but I still like it.

I just wish we could make a commitment to SOMETHING. This waiting game really sucks.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?