<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 18, 2006

A weighty matter.... 

I've been gaining weight since Dan left. Not tons, exactly, but six pounds since May. Not enough to be worrisome, but enough to make me grumble a bit.

I'm not completely sure why it's happening. Part of it may be that since I packed up my food scales when I de-cluttered the house, I no longer weigh my meals, and perhaps my portion size has crept up a bit. I haven't been checking my blood sugar, either; I just keep forgetting. And maybe I've been eating a few too many carbs; I still have chocolate in the house. Also, I've been eating more convenience food than usual so I can keep the kitchen clean for showings. And maybe some of this is just stress?? I have read that stress alone can add a few pounds to a person.

So how bad is it? Actually, my docs would probably be happy if I lost 5-10 pounds, and I'd be happy if I lost a few more than that. Doesn't sound like much, but it is harder to lose weight when one can barely exercise. But don't worry, I am no longer obsessed with a ridiculously low weight like I was before I got sick. The numbers I'm aiming for are the HIGH end of what is considered a normal weight for my frame. I am more concerned with health than appearance. I am 5 feet 6 inches tall with a slender frame, and any excess weight goes right around the middle, which studies have shown contributes to poor health.

I must admit there is also a practical consideration for maintaining a reasonable size. I got rid of all my larger clothes over a year ago. If I can no longer fit into my size 10 stuff, well, then, I am really in trouble because I don't have the money to buy bigger apparel. Hey, I think I have just come up with a marketing scheme! How about "The Poverty Diet"? Somehow, I doubt it will catch on, heh heh.

I have decided one thing, though: I am not going to embark upon any ambitious weight loss plan until AFTER I move. I am just too stressed right now to add to it by modifying anything else. Once I get into my new place, I will test my glucose levels more frequently, tweak whatever I'm doing that's excessive, and see if that helps. If it doesn't, well, at least I'll be sure I'm taking care of my health.

Although it might be kinda entertaining to promote "The Poverty Diet".

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?