<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Crossing my fingers, toes, and eyes..... 

First of all, I had not one but TWO showings on Saturday! First time that had happened! It greatly helped my down mood.

Then today, the realtor called and told me that one of the couples that toured the house on Saturday really liked it! This is the first positive feedback we've had the entire four months the house has been on the market! Our realtor told their realtor a bit about our situation, with Dan already living in another state and me trying to sell with health problems. Their realtor told the couple that Dan and I were quite "motivated" to sell, which is a nice way to avoid saying desperate. The couple just started looking, though, and they want to see a few more homes before they make a decision. So while there is hope, I must be patient.

I realized that if this couple does make an offer soon, things will begin moving very fast. I still haven't contacted a lender to begin pre-qualifying on a new home loan because I'm STILL waiting to receive my disability pension. I called the pension administrator again, third time in as many weeks, to see what the hold up was, and of course got voice mail. I can't keep waiting for a pension I might not even receive, so tomorrow, I will start looking into whether Dan and I will qualify for a loan without it.

I also realized that since the house has been on the market for four months and I am officially "motivated" to sell, then any offer I receive is likely to be less than what I'm asking, even though I've dropped the price $5000 and am going to pay $3000 on the buyer's closing. So I checked my numbers to see how low we can go. I figure I can make do with another $5000 drop if I have to, but anything below that, and we'll barely be able to afford our next house.

The other question mark in the picture is whether or not we'll be buying Dan's parents' house. The in-laws just came back from a week in Florida, so they haven't been looking at retirement communities for awhile. If we get an offer on our current house soon, we'll need to know right away if they do intend to move or whether we should just buy something else. I suppose it wouldn't hurt for me to take another look to see what's still on the market in Sioux Falls, just in case.

I'm trying not too get too excited yet. We've already gone through the disappointment of a couple that couldn't get financing and someone who was tring to rip us off. The couple that saw the house last weekend has only said they liked the house, not necessarily that they intended to buy it. At least not yet.

But there is hope.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?