<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 09, 2006

The occasional joys of fibrofog..... 

There are a lot of more serious subjects I need to write about, but I'm too exhausted to get into it right now. So I'll just relate something that happened today for a bit of diversion.

I needed to go out today to get a battery to replace the burnt out one in my window sensor for my security system. I took a peek outside and saw a few raindrops on the driveway, so I went to the coat closet to grab a jacket. I was looking for something light to wear and noticed what looked like Dan's denim jacket hanging in there. I thought that was odd as Dan was supposed to have taken all his coats with him to South Dakota, but I grabbed it anyway as I figured it would be the right weight for the cool weather.

Was I ever surprised to discover it was a WOMEN'S jacket, one I don't remember seeing before! For a second, I thought maybe a guest had accidentally left her jacket. But then I looked at the label, and it was a store brand where I buy most of my clothes, cheap, not a major label. And it was a women's extra large, just my size! I put it on, and it fit as though I had picked it out myself. And then I began to laugh as I realized I probably HAD bought it for myself but just had no recollection of doing so.

I wonder how long I've had that jacket and just assumed it was Dan's? Kind of a bummer I didn't remember it because I LOVE denim jackets! I just hadn't had one in forever because of the cost. The last one I owned was a cheapie 1980's thing with those dreadful shoulder pads. I bet I had found this one on sale and bought it with a gift card I got for my birthday or something.

So I wore my "new" jacket today, feeling as though I'd gotten a really cool gift. Now, if I just knew who to thank.....

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?