<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The waiting game..... 

Still haven't heard anything from my realtor about that couple that was interested in my house. I'm hoping that they got the chance to tour several other homes over the weekend and will be making a decision soon, maybe this week? It's quite frustrating to have the phone ring, and I get my hopes up, and then I find out it's just a recorded political message. Thanksgiving is only a month away, and I wanna get out of here before that.

Odd thing happened this weekend: my stepmother called me just to talk. She's never done that before, and I've known her since I was 16. She mainly wanted to know if I had sold the house yet.

On Saturday, I got a mysterious package in the mail. It turned out to be a goodie box from the webmistress of But You Don't Look Sick! There were various items ranging from amusing to practical. I found the note pads to be most timely since I had packed up most of my office supplies, never dreaming I would use up all my scrap paper waiting for the house to sell. I've used the "Magic grip" pad to open bottles with my arthritic hands. Among the amusing items was a commemorative hockey puck. The goodie box was the highlight of an otherwise lackluster weekend.

Yesterday, I went to take a shower and grabbed what I thought was a new bottle of shampoo. Turns out that I had actually bought two bottles of conditioner and had no shampoo! So I headed to Wally World during the Bronco game, figuring most people would be home watching the game. Wrong! The parking looked like the day after Thanksgiving shopping frenzy! I couldn't find a space within a city block of the place; all the handicapped spots were taken. So I had to turn around and go home. I went back this afternoon. It was still crowded, and no handicapped parking, but I found a space not too much further away, and there was an electric cart available, so I was in business. I double checked this time that I was indeed buying shampoo; I don't know how I missed it before because it has a different color lid than the conditioner. I think the previous purchase involved another fibro fog sneak attack, heh heh.

I'm still having a pretty significant problem with fatigue; I have missed one of my aquacise classes every week for the past month because I just couldn't get out of bed. Twelve hours of rest a day doesn't leave me with much productive time. It's a little scary to think about what will happen when I have to start packing and actually doing highly exhausting things.

Went online last night to see what houses were still for sale in Sioux Falls. The "Elvis" house is gone now, which leaves only two suitable houses that we've toured. I did find a new one that just went on the market but not much else. As for Dan's parents moving to a retirement community and possibly selling us their house, well, they might have lost a little enthusiasm for that after their trip to Florida. But they just got back a week ago, so they probably needed to rest. There's no hurry for them to decide, really, unless we do get an offer on our house. Then we will have to figure out right away where we're gonna live. If we don't end up with the in-laws' house, I would like to buy the 1977 house near where our friends live. It's cute, up to date, and I could actually see myself living there. But who knows who much longer it will be available?

Still do not have the security system in working order. After the technician replaced the batteries and re-configured the system, I started getting fault messages on the window sensor again a day or two later. I talked with the alarm company again, and they decided my sensor had probably worn out, so I had to order a new one. It came in the mail today, and I installed it, but the control panel would not reset. I called the alarm company yet another time, and the tech couldn't figure out what the problem was, so I have to have ANOTHER technician come out to the house! I have an appointment for next Monday afternoon. This is getting very expensive, two tech visits and a new sensor in less than a month. Until it is fixed, I can't arm it at night, which is the whole point of having a security system. I hope I can get out of my contract somehow when I move.

Tonight, I finished putting in the most recent pix in my 2006 scrapbook, which means I'm CAUGHT UP! Never thought that would happen. I still need to do a title page and put on the protective sleeves. Then I will start working on the album of pix my aunt has sent me over the years. It will be a little different than the ones containing my own photos because there will only be one or two pix per page with bits and pieces of my aunt's letters included. So I'll be able to do fancy backgrounds and elaborate decorations if I wish. There's never enough room for that stuff on my own albums because I try to squeeze too many photos onto a page. Should be fun but time consuming, which might not be a bad thing if I end up still having to wait forever for the house to sell.

Did write my review of the new primetime TV fall shows for But You Don't Look Sick. It consists mainly of bits of previous blog entries strung together, but that's what I had in mind when I was posting those entries because I couldn't possibly remember that many details from 10 new TV shows. Yesterday, I started writing a review of "Gluten Free Living for Dummies" but ran out of brain power and haven't been able to come up with much since. I'll get back to it sometime this week.

Speaking of brain drain, mine's empty now. Good night.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?