<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Quickie! An update, not the other kind..... 

I already messed myself up a few days ago packing too many boxes. It is so frustrating to see all that needs to be done and knowing that I could get it done so much quicker myself, but also knowing that if I try to pretend I'm Superwoman, I'm gonna end up either bedridden or in the hospital. My sister and her husband are gonna help me pack on Saturday, and my dad and stepmother are coming by on Sunday. I decided to take the extremely expensive step of hiring professional movers, so anything bigger than what would fit in a medium box is gonna be handled by them. They are also going to do all the loading and unloading of the truck, and they get to drive it the 633 miles to Sioux Falls. The moving company rep is coming by in about an hour to give me an estimate. Hope I don't pass out from shock, heh heh.

Still don't know when Dan and the in-laws are coming. Dan doesn't have any vacation time yet with his employer, so he has to negotiate unpaid leave, a bit tricky around a holiday weekend. Dan's going to drive my car to Sioux Falls for me since I can't drive for much more than an hour at a time without succumbing to fatigue.

Dan had the inspection at the new place done last night, and he bought a washer and dryer. We haven't decided when we're gonna replace the refrigerator; I mean, the current one works, but it's over 20 years old and on its last legs. We'll probably get a new one whenever we find a good sale.

The inspection for the current house is tonight.

Since I'm going to be at the in-laws' for a few weeks and then unpacking my stuff from the new place in December, I got a roll of red tape and a roll of purple. The boxes that go to the in-laws' get red tape, and the boxes that I'll need first at the new house (like cookware, towels and sheets) will be marked with purple.

Feel like the White Rabbit in "Alice in Wonderland"! Gotta go!

Comments:
good luck with the move, i hate moving, sounds tiresome but exciting. good idea with the colored tape.
 
ok woman, where ya been hiding? it's been almost two week since your last post, i know you've been busy. i hope all is going well, have a good thanksgiving.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?