<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, November 02, 2006

SOLD!! 

Or nearly so. I got an offer on my house yesterday! I should find out this afternoon if we've got a finalized contract.

They unfortunately gave me a figure $9000 less than my current asking price, which is a $5000 drop from my original asking price. The original asking price was a $5000 drop from the taxable value. And the taxable value is about $15,000 than the house is really worth! AND I'm going to be paying $3000 of the buyer's closing costs. So, all told, I'm getting about $35,000 less than I would have if we had sold a year ago. But my savings is gone and I literally cannot afford to be picky, so I accepted the offer.

The good news about the buyers: they are pre-approved for a loan. They're willing to put down $40,000 in cash. And they want to close before Dan's birthday/our 10 year wedding anniversary. Whew!

I will be closing on either the 21st or 22nd and will be moved out by the 27th at the latest. I was hoping to move on Thanksgiving weekend. But then when I called Dan with the good news about the house, I found out that his family is pretty much set against leaving town Thanksgiving weekend, and they are pressuring me to move the prior weekend, which is extrememly inconvenient for me as it would only give me two weeks to get everything done, including finding a moving van! Plus I'd have to stay behind for the closing and then somehow get to Sioux Falls by myself, a major pain in the ass since I have to use a wheelchair to get through an airport.

Dan is on a mission to see if we can get the house we want in Sioux Falls and to find out how soon they want to close. We want to buy the 1977 ranch over by our friends' house. It is slightly larger than our present house, has a 2 car attached garage, updated kitchen, new furnace, new roof, bathroom right off the master bedroom with a large linen closet, storage shed in the back, covered front porch and nice landscaping. But we would have to find a washer and dryer and fence the back yard. I don't know when we'll have time for that.

So I will be VERY busy over the next few weeks! Those of you in the Denver area who have any free time to spare, if there is any way you can lend a hand with the packing, that would be fantastic! I am accepting any and all offers of help.

Naturally with the gazillion things I must get done, my computer time will be more limited than ever. So the blogging will be sporadic at best. I have a few Raves of the Day sitting on my desktop that I'll probably post in the next few days, but don't panic if i seem to vanish otherwise.

Those of you who prayed, sent good wishes my way and otherwise conveyed positive energy regarding the home sale, THANKS! It worked! I'll let you all know when I'm safely in South Dakota.

Finally.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?